$50 Craigslist 360 EXTREME budget rebuild??

-
What the hell is this whole world went completely mad you mean I completely clean that cam and it's got cam particles still on it!
If cam goes flat.....that's the metal particles he is talking about

I think I'm going to just leave the zinc flavored Kool-Aid on the coffee table and let it separate for a minute LOL :realcrazy:

Well filled the filter with penn grade and poured the 2 1/2 quarts gtx 20-50. put the drill to it and turned slowly til both heads showing good oil. Did a lot of cleaning on the intake and it revealed it's four former lives -natural, blue, red, and black. Dropped the mid shaft in. #1 at top of compression stroke and mid shaft slot aimed at #1. The intake manifold seemed to fit well, if I seen any gap it was on the high side of the drivers side. I need to let it set over night to dry out.. how about leaving the old colors and cleear coating it?
20170420_140657.jpg

I think it looks cool in a way, and would look really cool in the 41 Studebaker. But I'm sure my sense of order will make me paint it - I know I'm sick....

I love this kind of build. No money, no guilt, and they usually end up bullet proof! And, if you take time to tune it, it will surprise you with the performance :D And with 4.10 gears, 3000 lb car, good exhaust, she might even pull a 12.9 :poke:

What the hell is this whole world went completely mad you mean I completely clean that cam and it's got cam particles still on it!
dont use ZDDP and youll surly find them metal particals i speak of, google it ,we ant just typing for finger exercise here!!

I think.........
It's good to try new things, maybe with practice you can develop some skill there..........

"the Apollo Astronauts".............they had lofty goals.............what are yours???

Just get this in the car, and fired up!
It's like you only have pocket change in the engine.
Don't worry about the oil, just that the dipstick reads full.

It's good to try new things, maybe with practice you can develop some skill there..........

"the Apollo Astronauts".............they had lofty goals.............what are yours???
Make it run and blow it up up and away.......

Google it!? Baaaaa ha ha ha !!! What you mean you saw it on the internet? Hahahahaha
So I see it as shutting the car off and then two months later starting it again but while it was sitting someone took all the internal parts out cleaned them, put extra good lubricant on them and put them back in before I started it back up. I will text the previous owner and ask him what oil he put in it? when I took that 360 apart it was so awful inside. I could not believe that this was a running motor at one time but that 318 came apart extremely nice and very clean internally at least. And don't get your panties in a wad Dirty White Boy I'm just giving you s***
Edit FYI I'm a French supermodel bonjour! LOL

dont use ZDDP and youll surly find them metal particals i speak of, google it ,we ant just typing for finger exercise here!!

Google it!? Baaaaa ha ha ha !!! What you mean you saw it on the internet? Hahahahaha
So I see it as shutting the car off and then two months later starting it again but while it was sitting someone took all the internal parts out cleaned them, put extra good lubricant on them and put them back in before I started it back up. I will text the previous owner and ask him what oil he put in it? when I took that 360 apart it was so awful inside. I could not believe that this was a running motor at one time but that 318 came apart extremely nice and very clean internally at least. And don't get your panties in a wad Dirty White Boy I'm just giving you s***

That's not the first time I heard you were a French super model. It must be true. We we?

Ok YR put you junk back in your trunk,:rolleyes::p and j bar put your shirt back on! you're not a supermodel to anyone .....but maybe your wife.
NOW GET THAT ENGINE SWUG IN!!!!:D

Ok YR put you junk back in your trunk,:rolleyes::p and j bar put your shirt back on! you're not a supermodel to anyone .....but maybe your wife.
NOW GET THAT ENGINE SWUG IN!!!!:D

I had to posts pictures of my car. If jPar is running around topless I want pictures of that. Seems fair don't it?

ive seen it in person,..suggested you google it so you might see/learn how not to kill a flat tappit cam in the modern times we live with **** for oil...your goat,hump it your way,...8 dollar bottle of ZDDP cheapest life giving thing you can do but dont! hope ya goat dont get blisters!

ive seen it in person,..suggested you google it so you might see/learn how not to kill a flat tappit cam in the modern times we live with **** for oil...your goat,hump it your way,...8 dollar bottle of ZDDP cheapest life giving thing you can do but dont! hope ya goat dont get blisters!

That is some true dirty white boy stuff right there!!! It's your goat...hump it how you like it.

PERFECT!!!!!!

Exactly what did you see in person? Remember I'm pretty unlucky sometimes but I'm pretty lucky other times though LOL. I remember the big stink argument about me not taking the inner springs off before I broke in my solid lifter cam. Lord the gurus came out to Whip Me. I think half the Forum wrote me off as a dumbass after that LOL you win some you lose some you can't please all the people all of the time....

Exactly what did you see in person? Remember I'm pretty unlucky sometimes but I'm pretty lucky other times though LOL. I remember the big stink argument about me not taking the inner springs off before I broke in my solid lifter cam. Lord the gurus came out to Whip Me. I think half the Forum wrote me off as a dumbass after that LOL you win some you lose some you can't please all the people all of the time....

I'm pretty sure I didn't crack the whip for not leaving the inner sin. I have NEVER ever once done that. If you make the pig squeal (get it started without cranking on it) you will almost never get a lobe unless something else is jacked up.

When we start talking about Stock eliminator lobes, and some of the asscar crap, I'm sure it required. Not many on here have the cabbage to play like that.

Plane and simple! j par is NOT going to take out a insurance policy on this eng.
And his gamble will more then likely survive.
j par has been led to the watering hole(ZDDP) and has been looking at it for days.........He is not going to drink it!!!:drama::D

could add a bottle of STP, might help to hold it together and keep the worn out broomstick lubed.

cam lobes wore off so ya valve dont move much.lifter bottoms bowled out on bottom till thay chuck up them start chunking up lobes then ya got skipping popiing motor with all sorts of ground up metal erry where,..in all ya oil gallys and such,..no big deal only money right!!

Just fire the thing up using thin oil 5W-30, oil will get to everything quick, and you will see great oil pressure.
I run 5w-30 in about everything, my 360 mag scares me sometimes on start up hitting 75-80 psi, with a .010 crank and stock mellings oil pump.
I know your clearances are not optimum, but you want oil to hit everything right now on the initial start up.

-
Back