70 duster street strip build

-
If you keep making progress like this, pretty soon you can start sanding. Keep up the good work.:coffee2:

Well got to fix two dents with the new tool and it got to cold here to do anymore . My stud welder only came with a slide hammer for the studs so I found a bolt that fit the slide hammer removable. Tip and welded another bolt to it so I would have a t handle for pulling on the studs wile hammering the dents edges

View attachment image-2016022462.jpg

View attachment image-1888246570.jpg

View attachment image-3963628920.jpg

View attachment image-4099417919.jpg

View attachment image-417498533.jpg

Yes it is the harbor freight stud welder . I did my research on it and guys swear by it so I got one. Seems to work just fine .

Cool another tool to save up for. Looks like the dents came out nicely

Cool another tool to save up for. Looks like the dents came out nicely

If you look close they were like crease dents in the metal . And the pics were before I started pulling on them I will get more pics of the finished dents. after I pulled on them studs I welded on more between we're them were welded on to pull the complete dent

You have really got me going on how well you have done on your Duster. I am waiting to get a couple of tools so I can start again on my Charger.

Good work on those dents. I'm assuming those are on the roof of the car. I've got a couple on my roof also, but since I have to replace my headliner I think I can get to them with a dolly and hammer. Again good work.:coffee2:

Yes they are on the roof . But they are along the edge . And there is a roof frame in the way so can't get to back side or I would have dollied it out there are like 4 more crease dents on the top fun fun

Sold my 71 charger today to fund my duster build. I'm going to miss that car . The 71 charger I thought was one of the sexiest body styles ever built . As that teen age kid was driving away with a smile from ear to ear . A tear ran from my cheek . I had that car for over ten years . But I'm not getting any younger . And finishing the one car in my life will make me happy . So now I have the funds to rebuild my trans and the 489 case I have for the duster . called doc diff and he has really good prices .

Thanks guys . It's starting to warm back up here . So I will be able to get more done .

Glad to see you back working on the Duster Joe.You must be getting ready for paint soon?

Well I didn't get to work on the car much this winter. To many things going on plus the garage it's in now has no heat . So not trying to freeze my ars off . But now that its warming up it shouldn't take long .

wow awesome work, just read this thread, keep up the great work!

[ame]http://youtu.be/HFfOqu9MS3w[/ame]. For your viewing pleasure . Battery was a little low

-
Back