Alterkation or HemiDenny

-
I chose Denny's special K because of all the interaction we had on Abodies. His craftsmanship was easy to see in his project and I was not at all disappointed when I got his piece for the Missile.
Andrew

why the hell would you wanna sit THAT low anyway is my question? When ur that low ya look like a "G" with K-mart wheels. Hoola hoop status right there. Lower is good, but any lower than that is gangsta. momoparman is the lowest id ever consider, maybe a touch too much..

While I got your ears...

I'm just finishing up the spool mounts for the new gen Hemi to fit in the same K as the small block and RB K-frame....buy one K, and only change out the Schumaker Creative Services spool mounts made exclusively for HDK. The small block and the B/RB are now starting production at Schumaker Creative Services and should be arriving shortly.

why the hell would you wanna sit THAT low anyway is my question? When ur that low ya look like a "G" with K-mart wheels. Hoola hoop status right there. Lower is good, but any lower than that is gangsta. momoparman is the lowest id ever consider, maybe a touch too much..

That's why air comes into play. Sorry mopardude but I have thousands of people who agree my car looks bad a$$ being as low as it is and not just gangsters. I'll have full use of my suspension too not just a pretty face either she's gonna rip up those goodguy events just as hard as anyone else out there.

Looking forward to that HD. Hope you don't take offense to this post, just opened it up to get some dialog going.

No problemo for me.....I love the dialogue, it helps me figure out what I need to do to improve my set-up while striving for the customer loyalty that the other guys enjoy.

.....and it lets others showcase what I do a little different.....besides the $$$ difference.

That's why air comes into play. Sorry mopardude but I have thousands of people who agree my car looks bad a$$ being as low as it is and not just gangsters. I'll have full use of my suspension too not just a pretty face either she's gonna rip up those goodguy events just as hard as anyone else out there.

Yep. My dart with RMS will too :happy8:

I'd like to see a trackside comparison between HDK and Alter-K representing the modified vs Hotchkis and the Mopar Action Green Brick representing the stock type. Balls-out winner take all shootout. Yeah, that's the stuff. :thumbup: :headbang:

Wylde1.

I want air ride on my setup to, so i can raise and lower it. HOWEVER. just heard back from Bill at RMS and he points out his opinion and experience with it...has me thinking twice now.

" On Air Ride, we discontinued the option in 2008 due to it being terribly unreliable. The ride quality is impossible in heavier cars, kind of reasonable in A-bodies, but in the end it's for trailer queens really. Anything that will see driving time needs coil-overs - they're nice riding and handling, and bullet proof for years and years. If a show car is what you're after, I can include parts to allow Air ride on request, but I highly recommend sticking with coils. Not to mention the added cost of air can get out of hand in a hurry. "

momoparman.....that is one sweet ride....I read thru your thread one night and couldn't wait to turn to the next page.

I think you suffer from the same disease I have.....cannot use anything the way it comes out of the box.

True....so true.

I sometimes wonder why I buy anything as I can't help but modify it..that includes mowers, toasters, hair dryers...etc. If I had more tools and knowhow I would probably try to build everything myself. :D

No knock on your equipment by the way....just cheering for the home team.

Mop

I want air ride on my setup to, so i can raise and lower it. HOWEVER. just heard back from Bill at RMS and he points out his opinion and experience with it...has me thinking twice now.

" On Air Ride, we discontinued the option in 2008 due to it being terribly unreliable. The ride quality is impossible in heavier cars, kind of reasonable in A-bodies, but in the end it's for trailer queens really. Anything that will see driving time needs coil-overs - they're nice riding and handling, and bullet proof for years and years. If a show car is what you're after, I can include parts to allow Air ride on request, but I highly recommend sticking with coils. Not to mention the added cost of air can get out of hand in a hurry. "

They did have some issues with the shock bodies back then. Ridetech recently went to Fox for their shock bodies. Fox being masters at valving since they are off road gurus and know how to build a shock that can handle short square edges...street translation is pot holes.

I did have issues at first due to the older shock design....that was not a function of the RMS set up but the shock itself.

Ridetech did me right and allowed me to trade in for the newer set up and it's night and day from the old stuff. I have put about 2000 hard miles on the new set up and have no complaints...in fact the ride is way improved over stock. Much more supple like a GM A body car (sorry). I like to cruise and show so when I cruise I have it aired up and when I show I air out.

Yes the air ride is pricy but as I mentioned the new stuff works and works well. It's not just a pretty face, it performs as well.

Those pics of the car slammed are just that. Slammed for show with the oil pan just touching the ground. I know other cars can go lower but with a Dana and 7qt pan that's as low as I could go without modifying the floor pans. It's good enough for me.

FYI When I drive It sits like this.

It's really all personal preference and I don't mean that HD's stuff wont work or isn't quality. I don't know anything about it other than what I read so it's just my opinion. The thread is about HD vs RMS. I know about what I have so that's what I can talk about.

Love the Duster by the way...very intimidating stance.

Attachments

• 100_3456.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 696
It's really all personal preference and I don't mean that HD's stuff wont work or isn't quality. I don't know anything about it other than what I read so it's just my opinion. The thread is about HD vs RMS. I know about what I have so that's what I can talk about.

Love the Duster by the way...very intimidating stance.

who doesn't love your car??...it is a drooler'....but imagine your car (as pictured above) with a slightly taller/bigger front tire....tucked in maybe 1.5"..... and nothing hanging down under the front valance (in the shadow/dark area). I do not care who makes it....just imagine the look....and the ground clearance.

I do not consider anyone "knocking " me or the stuff I build...We are just the boys spittballing our builds. If you got a better way...build me one

It is fun and informative discussing different ways to do things. If HemiMark would not of ask me to help him with his HemiDuster some fifteen years ago...I would not enjoy the Mopar friends I have now.

Who said you can't slam the AlterK without tons of mods?

The only thing I did was used Ridetech shockwaves instead of coil overs. No mods to the LCA's the UCA's the spindles....nothing. Fit is perfect all the way up or down with no clearance issues.

Is this not low enough for you? My oil pan sits on the ground when parked.

I don't think you can get any lower than that.....:D

Mop, you know I love your ride.... and the RMS set-up has worked great for you and for many others who are happy with how it works.....I on the other hand I want it to work well and keep my wheels tucked in the way Mother had them... not like your RMS set-up and the 73 and up swap..... know what I mean?
I should also say that I had the HemiDenny front suspension in my FLAT hood Hemi Duster for 11 years and clocked over 50K trouble free miles......
you want a stance.....classic stance and drove like a dream...........

Attachments

• 100_2716.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 664
  • 100_2783.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 651
Sorry, anytime I hear somebody says that their car rides like a GM A-body, I know what I DON'T want. I've driven a couple and there is NO road feel. I like Wylde1's idea.

Who said you can't slam the AlterK without tons of mods?

The only thing I did was used Ridetech shockwaves instead of coil overs. No mods to the LCA's the UCA's the spindles....nothing. Fit is perfect all the way up or down with no clearance issues.

Is this not low enough for you? My oil pan sits on the ground when parked.

I don't think you can get any lower than that.....:D

don't take this the wrong way but most of the people runing the hd kits have taller tires and engine up higher therefor the car is lower. The cross brace in the alterkation kit would hit ground long b4 the car will sit lower. The guy here with the demon had to move his up running 19s bigger tires

don't take this the wrong way but most of the people runing the hd kits have taller tires and engine up higher therefor the car is lower. The cross brace in the alterkation kit would hit ground long b4 the car will sit lower. The guy here with the demon had to move his up running 19s bigger tires

and necessity is the mother of invention....Cody got me building the lowered k's with a simple phone call....Hey Denny..I want my car lower....what if????

it is just a blast working with hot rodders.

I would love the RMS set up but for my money I would go with Hemi Denny set up. His set up is nice and quite a bit cheaper.

I'll take the one with the red-head... hick I would have bought one a long time ago if I had this information. :banghead:

I have heard some talk on hear about hemi denny,s front end.I never seen one but the way some talk about them I am sure it is a good product. I have a alter k in my car and only can tell you the experience I had and have with Bill.He is the most upstanding guy you can meet.Anything you need or have any questions will be answered by him. I went into to this blind and Bill taught me a lot about front ends. When we are up carlisle I see him consistently go out of his way to help people.He is one guy you can trust and you can trust his products. Mark

Mop, you know I love your ride.... and the RMS set-up has worked great for you and for many others who are happy with how it works.....I on the other hand want it to work well and keep my wheels tucked in the way Mother had them... not like your RMS set-up and the 73 and up swap..... know what I mean?
I should also say that I had the HemiDenny front suspension in my FLAT hood Hemi Duster for 11 years and clocked over 50K trouble free miles......
you want a stance.....classic stance and drove like a dream...........

Proof is in the pudding rite there. No need for data.

if you were closer you could come out to one of the goodguys autocrosses we will be at and would take you around. it will scare you how good the car will handle with the RMS stuff. i was geared up to run the Heidt's event in Joliet,but my junk got wrecked! hope to have it back after goodguys nashville,sucks we have to miss it.

View attachment 1714613857

Hey Wracks71...since you are the factory road racer...can I ask you?

for auto X or whatever it is called (roadracing).... what makes a coilover car any better than a torsion bar car? not a trick question or anything, but looking at your race car I see a wider/lower stance..wide, low profile tires....big brakes...no doubt, big sway bars. All stuff I can do without ANYONES coilover conversion. I have seen many race cars with front torsion bars...keeping the weight spread out and low on the car.

the big improvement for road racing (for me) would be to trash the leaf springs and go to a rear 4-bar set-up w/ locator and sway bar...adjust the bars to get in to plant...plus jack the weight where it fits the track.

my experience with the Mustang II front spindle is while it is a great affordable front steer spindle...it does not have the ackerman that the factory rear steer set up provides...the Mustang II is more of what I would call neutral ackerman...both turn about the same. I would think ackerman would be good for road racing/turning corners....but maybe you are sporting some "trick" race parts and not the over the counter spindles???

and since I don't think it is the secret to the nuclear bomb and you are the only A-body road racer I know... I have another question ....the RMS uses a modified steering arm on the spindle to correct (I assume) bumpsteer and it also appears to be lengthened a tad...does the added lenght slow down the steering and/or affect the turning radius where it is noticeable.

just askin' the expert

Now that orange Hemi (says 340?) Duster sits P E R F E C T !
No. It was a ruse. Quarter panel says 340, air cleaner says 426, but it's a 528.

Markh2_zps971c5c6b.jpg

-
Back