Blizzard "Charolette"

-

fanofpetty

Reaction score
Well here it comes....starting to snow here, ( connecticut ) and were supposed to get pounded with snow, between 18 and 30 inches. I'm already sick of winter ! Maybe this is a good weekend to go out in the shop and start removing the 4 speed, and putting my auto. tran.s in the duster, sense there won't be much else to do except plow the driveway 20 times. What's everybody else doing through this blizzard ?

Eating...lol. Then going to the hardware store and gas station...

you all be cool out there. its supposed to be a rough ride the next few days. stay safe and warm. they say some places are looking at over 40" of snow and 60 mph winds.

Just so ya know we canadianssssssssssssss are getting it good today also can I say SNOW DAY ya who.

I'm ready for it. Truck with the welders/generators are fueled up and near the garage in case we lose power. Work gave us the day off. Started a fire in the fireplace, gonna feed it all day long. It should be 80* in the livingroom by 5:00pm. Life is good.

On a positive note, this storm will dump enough snow in Maine that I can reschedule the snowmobile trip I had to cancell due to the warm weather we had earlier. I know, we will have plenty of snow here but here in the tree hugger state, there isn't the trails like Maine has.

the maritimes are expected to get hit sometime after midnight its the same storm it is comeing up the coast we are expected to get between 25-50 cm my wife is going to bake and i am going to do some detailing to the dusters since the both of them are in my basement i dont even need to go outside.

Wow, I hope you guys can dig out enough to be able to watch the NHRA Winternationals on cable next weekend. Advance forecast for the finals on Feb. 17 in Pomona is 64F, clear and sunny.
Seriously, y'all take care and stay warm! Being a native Southern Californian, I just can't relate to what you go through every winter.

According to the radar,it just missed me here in MD.Just calling for a dusting to an inch.I'm like you FanofPetty,I'm sick of winter also,I just bought a new motorcycle back in Sept and barely had the chance to put 2000 miles on it before the weather set in for the winter.I'm ichin to get it out.

I am planning on pulling the rear springs out of my Dart to get ready to install the new springs that arrived yesterday. At the same time I am going to get rid of my old air shocks and install the QA1 shocks I got from a member here! Also lots of snow removal from what the weather network is saying.

Running AAA calls,looks like its gonna be a looooong day

the maritimes are expected to get hit sometime after midnight its the same storm it is comeing up the coast we are expected to get between 25-50 cm my wife is going to bake and i am going to do some detailing to the dusters since the both of them are in my basement i dont even need to go outside.

lucky Bastert, my trucks out in the garage, and at -10c it takes about 2 hours and a wheelbarrow of wood to get it up above 0C. Damn its been cold here for about 4-5 weeks, and now a major storm is coming our way....Ocho Rios, Jamaica on the 15th of Feb is looking way to good.....PS there saying this storm is about on parr with White Juan of 2004

Well, since you asked... and it will be in the sunny 60's here I reckon I will be doing some yard work and getting the garden spot ready!

Seriously guys, hope y'all stay safe & warm. Haven't heard anything about associated winds with this storm, maybe you will get lucky on that!
C

storm update....

Attachments

• 379630_10151401391643607_31265001_n.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 329
Just got home from work,snowing All day and still is.My neighbor must,ve done my driveway.Still a foot deep again and could barely get through my back gate.Time to get out the 13.5hp snowthrower.Maybe take a pic to show how much snow.Next monday its gonna be 37* so should melt most of it again.

Be safe everyone. We got the rain/wind tidal flooding side of storm last night & this morning with cold heavy sideways rain, 45 mph gusts and small storm surge and this was before this thing started to intensify from second low getting picked up by storm. Good luck up north guys this storm could rival the blizzard of 78.

Oldschoolcuda

Snow storms are a good time to make chocolate chip cookies.
Then sit back with a cold glass of milk and warm cookies and watch it snow.
Be safe everyone.

Oh and remember when it's all done make sure you clean all the heavy snow from your roofs. It's a lot of weight.

-
Back