Budget racing the old nuts & bolts

-
Isn't this little thing cute? It sure is in Nice condition! A lot better than the one that I took off.
View attachment 1715052040

Looks better than the one I'm running. I need to replace mine. That's on the list.

Today is crack it off, drive it a bit and see what falls off. Then fix it and get it lined up and the go beat on it.

That's the plan anyway.

SOME BEACH !!!
driveline oh boy - I take two C clips out and have wife hold one end while I take my brass punch and start tapping? Witch turns into heavy hammering? Thank wife and put in vice with sockets to press out with. 3 foot tube on vice handle- nothing? Take another look SOME BEACH !!
I took one C clip out of each direction? NOT apposed ! :BangHead:

SOME BEACH !!!
driveline oh boy - I take two C clips out and have wife hold one end while I take my brass punch and start tapping? Witch turns into heavy hammering? Thank wife and put in vice with sockets to press out with. 3 foot tube on vice handle- nothing? Take another look SOME BEACH !!
I took one C clip out of each direction? NOT apposed ! :BangHead:

CLASSIC!!!'

So after that shaky start I regroup and set off. I get the transmission crossmember bolts all four of them in and tight with minimal trips under and out of under the car.Then I reach up and feel the shifter lever and it feels good and moves as it should and locks the Driveline as a should in park. Then I go grab the TV Lever and pull that towards me and I can feel it spring, then I let it go back and push it and click? Tic? Tac? tink? SOME BEACH !!! Besides the three quarters of a quart I put in the torque converter the transmission was still empty when I knew exactly what it was. The TV Lever had previously been pulled back so far that it went on the other side of it Stop adjuster so it was bent. I had straightened it back out little bit and had to adjust to spec as the shift kit told me to. Well you know what happened when you bend pot metal back and forth. so take the trans pan off. And you know me in my "right stuff", I get very liberal with it. I took all the bolts out and that sucker stood tight! I could have put transmission fluid in it and ran it for a month and it still wouldn't have leaked with no bolts in it!
20170528_125520.jpg

It takes a real man to admit mistakes like that:thumbsup::thumbsup: I would just laugh at you, but you know the saying Karma's a *****.:wtf::D.

Well since it's a TF3 manual shift kit I put a choke cable on the TV Lever. I noted when I had the pan of (AGAIN!!) where the lever sould stop so the all in stop position is where the cable stops it. But as many people have suggested to tie it open, this back stop would never come in to play?

Whot ho.....do you have a spare??

One more push tomorrow. I actually got more than I thought I would today even with all the setbacks. I was going to use a carburetor off the 410 but since everything is a complete wildcard why not a carburetor that's been getting parts robbed off it for years?
I routed the fuel line around the electric pump and plugged the ends of the pump.
The trans hard lines were not to difficult, but lets see if they hold oil before I start tickling myself.

How did the "plan" go?
Looks better than the one I'm running. I need to replace mine. That's on the list.

Today is crack it off, drive it a bit and see what falls off. Then fix it and get it lined up and the go beat on it.

That's the plan anyway.

How did the "plan" go?

Shot to hell. The better half wanted to do yard work under the afric hot sunshine so that took precedence.

Then, as fate would have it, the dishwasher took a dump and today I get to replace it. Hopefully this afternoon I'll get to drive the roach.

I totally hear you. Actually half the stuff I've been doing to the car lately is undoing all the make-shift crap I did to it when I got it and didn't have a garage. Change 7 1/4 to 8 1/4 in apartment driveway. Renting my uncle's driveway for a week to put in the 4 speed and using the free towing on my insurance to get it back and forth LOL. It makes me nuts to thnk of all the people who could do all the things you want to and don't ! :BangHead:

It drives me nuts too to think of all the people that have a lift and can do everything I want to, but don't. And there's me. Pulling my distributor six times and playing with timing in front of my house all afternoon. Neighbors gotta love that with the 3" exhaust lol.

So did you get your day and get all your **** done or what?

I got it to the point I really like. All the underneath stuff 99% and on to the dressing up and top stuff :thumbsup:

It drives me nuts too to think of all the people that have a lift and can do everything I want to, but don't. And there's me. Pulling my distributor six times and playing with timing in front of my house all afternoon. Neighbors gotta love that with the 3" exhaust lol.

So did you get your day and get all your **** done or what?

Ok now we're getting close. The carburetor looked great inside. I still fogged a can of carb cleaner through it with the top off (625 carter). It needed springs for the metering rods witch I have a set I can put in for a starting point. Plus again all of the tiny bobby-pin stile clips. Fellow mopar enthusiasts/friend has a spare trans cooler I can have. Looks good, but I'm startin to want to see this motor and tranny do more than look good.
20170531_120112.jpg

Ok now we're getting close. The carburetor looked great inside. I still fogged a can of carb cleaner through it with the top off (625 carter). It needed springs for the metering rods witch I have a set I can put in for a starting point. Plus again all of the tiny bobby-pin stile clips. Fellow mopar enthusiasts/friend has a spare trans cooler I can have. Looks good, but I'm startin to want to see this motor and tranny do more than look good.
View attachment 1715053089
First time I ever saw a pink engine ! I want my stuff diff. from anyone elses, but I don`t think I`d paint anything on my car pink ! Just don`t look right ! Maybe the only can of paint u had ?!?-------

This motor was made for my wife. It makes her happy and that's all that counts. Remember I'm making this motor all plug and play. I've been making all the electrical and everything all the same plugs. MSD and it's Wisdom provides extra plugs and things in the kits in case you're using your stock distributor.
Remember my Stroker motor and for Speed are on a pedestal right there next to the car completely untouched. I did a 11.52 at 120.1 miles an hour and pulled the motor and tranny and set it on a pedestal. It is ready to drop right back in and do the same next weekend if I wanted. I didn't touch any of the carburetors any of the distributor the tune is completely the same on that motor and nothing is changed and nothing has been taken apart.
My wife can be shy and timid at times but she does have a wild side because I've seen her on her snowmobile kick some serious ***. So right now the motor looks pretty and she's enthusiastic about seeing it run and maybe trying it. If it was more of a man color maybe not so much??
I'll post one more picture just so you know...
Sshhhhh..... be very quiet now when you look at this picture I don't want the Beast awaken and certainly don't want it to know what's taking its place....
20170513_165930.jpg
20170513_165446.jpg

First time I ever saw a pink engine ! I want my stuff diff. from anyone elses, but I don`t think I`d paint anything on my car pink ! Just don`t look right ! Maybe the only can of paint u had ?!?-------

Alright we're really getting down here to the final push. I'm going to pick up the transmission cooler today. I should be able to get some more work on the car done also. I just have the carburetor and both the transmission and radiator/fans fill with fluids and ??????
This is the highest level of wildcard parts that ever dealt with in my entire life there are many parts on there up to 5th or 6th life possible. That was definitely the fifth color that was put on the intake manifold LOL. I can't think of anything new except for maybe that Chrome plated fully illuminated accessory water neck that I'm very suspect of and wishing I probably would have used a stock one probably sooner than later.
So anyways I'm not sure what's going to happen? I'm definitely putting the thing up on jack stands! I don't know what the transmission will do? Of course the game plan is the motor will run and idle great run perfect transmission will go through the gears like butter? LOL I won't be hearing one bang one Klang one tang tang not even a tick or click! LOL I wonder what will have to be fixed first?

This motor was made for my wife. It makes her happy and that's all that counts. Remember I'm making this motor all plug and play. I've been making all the electrical and everything all the same plugs. MSD and it's Wisdom provides extra plugs and things in the kits in case you're using your stock distributor.
Remember my Stroker motor and for Speed are on a pedestal right there next to the car completely untouched. I did a 11.52 at 120.1 miles an hour and pulled the motor and tranny and set it on a pedestal. It is ready to drop right back in and do the same next weekend if I wanted. I didn't touch any of the carburetors any of the distributor the tune is completely the same on that motor and nothing is changed and nothing has been taken apart.
My wife can be shy and timid at times but she does have a wild side because I've seen her on her snowmobile kick some serious ***. So right now the motor looks pretty and she's enthusiastic about seeing it run and maybe trying it. If it was more of a man color maybe not so much??
I'll post one more picture just so you know...
Sshhhhh..... be very quiet now when you look at this picture I don't want the Beast awaken and certainly don't want it to know what's taking its place....
View attachment 1715053280 View attachment 1715053281

You should give me that shifter. That seems like the nice thing to do.

Alright we're really getting down here to the final push. I'm going to pick up the transmission cooler today. I should be able to get some more work on the car done also. I just have the carburetor and both the transmission and radiator/fans fill with fluids and ??????
This is the highest level of wildcard parts that ever dealt with in my entire life there are many parts on there up to 5th or 6th life possible. That was definitely the fifth color that was put on the intake manifold LOL. I can't think of anything new except for maybe that Chrome plated fully illuminated accessory water neck that I'm very suspect of and wishing I probably would have used a stock one probably sooner than later.
So anyways I'm not sure what's going to happen? I'm definitely putting the thing up on jack stands! I don't know what the transmission will do? Of course the game plan is the motor will run and idle great run perfect transmission will go through the gears like butter? LOL I won't be hearing one bang one Klang one tang tang not even a tick or click! LOL I wonder what will have to be fixed first?

Take a video when you crack it off. Post it here.

Fabbed up a bracket for the trans cooler. Bolted to K-frame and riveted to core support. I have a couple of motorcycle fans I will connect to the strokers electric water pump switch. Now just trim hard lines and connect with rubber hoses.
20170602_192340-1.jpg
20170602_184128.jpg

Ended up using a single- bit larger fan for trans. I think after a double check underneath, fill some fluids ? Well we'll see..
20170603_182426.jpg

-
Back