Budget racing the old nuts & bolts

-
I've heard about this bumper in multiple threads now, must be special lol

Professional transmission mechanic only HUMBUG!!!
20170520_112434-1.jpg
20170520_115615.jpg

Things started bad, the one and only very first C clip shot off into the abyss! :BangHead: Went to the shed to get the one off the spare VB and damn near lost that one! :wtf: It fits a little bit loose so I'll try another look around or get a new one. Got it back together and now just have to put in a spring, plug, and VB back on and adjust bands.
20170520_170043.jpg

So I didn't see anything in the instructions for the kickdown lever? It showed the judgment instructions but didn't say anything about tying it open or anything like that?

So I didn't see anything in the instructions for the kickdown lever? It showed the judgment instructions but didn't say anything about tying it open or anything like that?

I think *THINK* IIRC* it has been a LONG time since I did one* that you have to tie the kick down back. Again, IIRC if you don't I may shift slow. Now that I think about it...if you tie it back it makes it hit pretty hard. Getting old sucks. But you have to do something with it.

Glad you are doing this. I've got to do it in a couple of months. I hate automatics.

Found a two year old thread on the subject, but the thread wasn't takin it to the end with it fully operational with pictures with end results. Re opened if you will with some questions - drive train (automatic transmission and rear axle part of the forum)
if ya don't wanna look I'll have to bring the answers back hear anyways.

so you went with the manual mode. does it make it a revers pattern?

I'm thinking of an on board adjustable kind of thing for the transmission PV control.
Second coat of paint on and she's looking - well.....PINK!
Need to polish the water pump and paint pulleys black. Only a couple hours of tinkering on the transmission and motor and they will be ready for the wedding.
20170520_185041.jpg

looks nice :)
I'm thinking of an on board adjustable kind of thing for the transmission PV control.
Second coat of paint on and she's looking - well.....PINK!
Need to polish the water pump and paint pulleys black. Only a couple hours of tinkering on the transmission and motor and they will be ready for the wedding.
View attachment 1715050407
I could put the dual quad tunnel ram on and call it-
"Two on/in the pink" ! ??? LOL

Shirley Muldowney's car was pink.............not bad company to be associated with..........don't know if they make high heeled racing shoes though..........

It's my believe a woman can make an extremely good bracket racer. And it's well documented that women are less harsh on Machinery when they run like bulldozers and things like that. More finesse, less testosterone Less equipment failures. If she takes to it there could be trouble for other people. Women don't operate on testosterone like we do, Their Competitive Edge is a different one. She would be much less interested in doing a big Smokey burnout to show off then winning the race?
Shirley Muldowney's car was pink.............not bad company to be associated with..........don't know if they make high heeled racing shoes though..........

so, what are you saying? hanging up the racing glove......to be a Tuner?........:D

When it stops becoming fun......

I like to drag race. But a constant at the track and beating down the door to a consistent ET & points chasing is a bit more than I'm up for. Driving 2 hours through NYC and the insane bridge crossing costs ... I think we're up to $15 a bridge, 3 bridges and a toll road to E-Town ....

It's about a Beji to just walk through the door.

A few times a year when I have the bug is fine.

I just test-n-tune a couple of times a year. I count it as "cheap renting the track". I don't pay big money to win big money. I really never win or lose, because I'm really just running against my own E.T., plus I'm a spectator when I'm there, chat with a few track buddies of many years ...... and this has always kept it fun :)

I allways run into two guys but know.
1 constant complainer, OMG, still bitches at 1984 corporate decisions.

I'm a terrible spectator. Every year my wife and I take the grand children to the Night of Fire Jet Cars. I set there wishing that i was down there racing.

-
Back