Highest flowing sbm heads?

-
Brett Miller has a CNC program he is working on. They are beautiful. The heads he hand ported made 940 on a 400+ inch nitrous motor without nitrous. Brian at IMM has a customer who also runs nitrous and his motor makes great power (I forget how much exactly) but it was impressive. I bought mine because they were cheap. They are at IMM getting flowed now.

those aren’t the B1BA heads I was talking about
they are the moved center heads, completely different head

those aren’t the B1BA heads I was talking about
they are the moved center heads, completely different head

be curious to see those moved center heads actually go down a track and see a time slip.
up until now they have been notorious under performers

be curious to see those moved center heads actually go down a track and see a time slip.

I know a set of heads done out there that made 800 on the dyno, and ran 9.80’s(133 or so) in a scienced out super stocker, that weighed 3200 ish
Long way from 800. ET slip will tell the tale

Brett Miller has a CNC program he is working on. They are beautiful. The heads he hand ported made 940 on a 400+ inch nitrous motor without nitrous. Brian at IMM has a customer who also runs nitrous and his motor makes great power (I forget how much exactly) but it was impressive. I bought mine because they were cheap. They are at IMM getting flowed now.
B1BA-MC.......lets come correct with the facts......NOT B1BA

1666287761468.png

My mistake I forgot to mention the moved centerline.
I know a set of heads done out there that made 800 on the dyno, and ran 9.80’s(133 or so) in a scienced out super stocker, that weighed 3200 ish
Long way from 800. ET slip will tell the tale
I agree 100%. I cant reveal what Brians customer runs but it is would shock you at how fast it is at 3100 pounds. Even in nitrous trim. And I highly doubt Bretts numbers are inflated. There is a guy here on the west coast deep in the 7’s with a Miller motor. They claim it makes 1050hp and the mph totally supports it.

My mistake I forgot to mention the moved centerline.

I agree 100%. I cant reveal what Brians customer runs but it is would shock you at how fast it is at 3100 pounds. Even in nitrous trim. And I highly doubt Bretts numbers are inflated. There is a guy here on the west coast deep in the 7’s with a Miller motor. They claim it makes 1050hp and the mph totally supports it.

yes, the White Dart. Sweet car!
Not gonna get into arguing with ya about numbers, believe what you want about what I said earlier. The guy who ran 9.80’s is a very close friend. He has tons of money in that motor sitting in a corner collecting dust as we speak.

Not gonna get into arguing with ya about numbers, believe what you want about what I said earlier. The guy who ran 9.80’s is a very close friend. He has tons of money in that motor sitting in a corner collecting dust as we speak.

Impressive response!! Somehow (and I don't know how :D ) you were able to disagree without calling anyone names or getting bent out of shape. How is this even possible??

Well done Sir!!

This thread should've been locked pages ago, long before it degraded to the point of vacations being handed out.

yes, the White Dart. Sweet car!
Agreed. That is a bummer about your buddies motor. I think we all have had similar, but not nearly as bad as this, situations. This is the very reason I do my own work. If I do pay someone to do work for me I try to educate myself as much as possible. I wasn’t arguing about your buddies case. I agree timeslips tell the tale although you add a ton variables in there. A big one is torque converters.

I didn’t find out till recently that the B1BA is still available. Its a decent head that takes LA intake and headers. You can even put Chevy rockers on it and oil through the pushrod. Thats another good option. I just bought a set complete and ported off an offroad truck racer. $500 for the set. Used heads are out there. But be careful because there is some real junk out there too.

That head is straight garbage. I’d do a TF and pay double for them rather than deal with those junk heads.

And yes, I’ve done 3 sets of them and said I’d never waste a second on them.

BTW, how the hell are you going to get a 220 cc port and NOT use an offset rocker. Answer: you can’t unless the head is garbage. It may look dazzling on a flow bench but it will suck hind tit making any power.

I'd have to see the heads to make a really educated opinion but ANY Brodix BIBA stuff I just don't think will support that kind of steam--but then again "Where there's a will there's a way" J.Rob

W9's can be run on a 59 degree block, Ive done it. Takes an intake rocker around the same offset as w2. They can be run unported, flow around 300 cfm at 650 lift or so.
There is a lot of info out there and a lot of bad info. Basically, if you want to buy a new W head the 9 and the 2 are still available. W8 is regarded as the best of all the W series with a thicker deck than the others among other things. But you will have to pay big bucks to get a set of 8's. Pretty much all of the W heads are meant to be ported for them to work except the W2. All of the W series use an offset intake rocker so the port opening can be bigger. All of the W series uses their own unique intake and exhaust. So if you invest in W2's (which are a great head by the way) with W2 intake, rockers, headers and you decide I want to move up to W9's you will need to buy all that stuff all over again. The cool thing about W heads is that they are factory designed which means the combustion chambers are light years better than any of the Edelbrock, Speedmaster, Pro Comp, whatever cheap head out there. W7,8,9 are 48 degree heads and can't be put on a 59 degree block (without being modified anyways). Also W8 and 9 have extra head bolts which are great for power adder motors looking for big power.

I would say 2hp/ci is very serious (as in highly developed) on pump gas with conventional parts. I've never done it thats for sure. J.Rob
sure you are not FOS and you don't have your head in the clouds

-
Back