I am really gong through a rough time emotionally and in all areas right now and need someone to tal

-
The Rev. Dr. Paul Wallace - When God Shows Up (Job 19:23-27a) - Day1.org
Paul Wallace teaches physics and astronomy at Agnes Scott College in Decatur, Ga. He also teaches occasionally at Emory University's Candler School of Theology and at Columbia Theological Seminary.

A science nerd since childhood, Paul received his PhD in experimental nuclear physics from Duke University and worked for a number of years in gamma-ray astronomy. He was a professor of physics and astronomy at Berry College in Rome, Ga until 2008. In that year he resigned from Berry to start the Master of Divinity program at Candler and graduated with a concentration in historical theology in May 2011. In November 2014 he was ordained by First Baptist Church of Decatur, a congregation of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship

Stars Beneath Us

btn_signup_to_listen.gif

Last edited:
Just read this, and it is a rough road ahead for you. I lost my wife and best friend of 40yrs in 2015 to the dark demons. Keep going forward even though you can't see any light at the end of the tunnel. There IS light, it just takes time.

Had to work again until 3 AM sunday, biting heavily into the one day a week I could see my children. On my feet 12 hours Sat.
Slept poorly due to leg cramps.
Boss called at 10 AM re something I had fixed. Very depressing to have a 6 hour window to see my children per week.
I need to get my boss to sign off on an 23:00 cutoff time Saturday nights so I'm not exhausted next day.
I feel like I have been "lost@work" for 10 years. How do I keep going when I want to just drop dead? I still have no GO, no Ooommph. Why do I keep waking up?

To the original poster Tom.

Have you considered doing maintenance work at apartment complexes? It can be crummy pay but they likely offer a huge discount on rent and the work isn't to difficult to learn. I did it for three years and got a apartment for 150 a month out of the deal.

As of right now I am still homeless and staying in my truck. Its 24 degrees tonight and Im freezing. Still have not found work. I am giving up. Hopefully the cold will take me soon. Lost about 25 lbs and dealing with bloody stools. I am not going to a doctor. **** it...............

Last edited:
A few years ago I lost my mother, girlfriend and our home in less than a year. My mother to cancer, and the girlfriend wanted to separate so we had to sell our home. After I got through it all I got very depressed. I could not get out of it, even though I tried hard. I did have a job, and I had friends, so I felt lucky. My economy was under a lot of strain though, but I could just manage. I tried to help myself as best I could, I read a lot of books on the subject of depression and anxiety. I realised that even though it's very valuable to have friends, It was up to me to get better and get my life back on track. I took up therapy, I also saw a doctor and got anti depressant medication. I make no bones about it, they have helped me a lot. They helped me get my motivation back. I know they are just a crutch, and I still have to work with myself to get better. But they helped me get the spirit back to do so. I also took up exercising, even though I'm not a very big drinker, I completely stopped drinking alcohol. I felt very lonely at first, but after time that feeling faded. As I slowly got more stable so did my life in general. I've learned so much about myself though all this. I actually think it made me a better person in the end. I'm writing all this not to go on about myself, but to share my story with you that I did find a way out of it and I believe you can too. One day at a time. Hang in there!

Tom, are you still in NC? if so, why!? it sounds like you REALLY need a change of scenery -- I have a close relation that went through something very similar, after the family member passed she said F it and moved to Florida, got a job, and spent any and all of the time she wasn't working sitting on the beach reading and contemplating - and it worked. Really helped her get her head right. Moral of the story - sometimes you need to change your latitude to change your attitude.

As of right now I am still homeless and staying in my truck. Its 24 degrees tonight and Im freezing. Still have not found work. I am giving up. Hopefully the cold will take me soon. Lost about 25 lbs and dealing with bloody stools. I am not going to a doctor. **** it...............

I haven't the words. As someone who's walked this path, it's hard to convey the thoughts going through my head.

I'm hardly one to give advice, especially with everything going on in my life right now. But you're letting the depression talk.

There are some fine folks around you to reach out to for those in need, like yourself. It may be a matter of pride, or - in this case - despair, but your local DSS can help with emergency housing. There's also your local hospital's Behavioral Sciences Unit that can help through counciling and help you get your life back on track through the social workers there.

Tom, there's also many of us on here who have walked this path before you, maybe not with the same circumstances you're living right now, but who have worked or are working to overcome the grief and depression you're feeling. Trust me, I'm still dealing with mine, and will be for many more years to come as I reconcile my first family with my second and what each means to me.

Prayers, my friend. You're always in my prayers.

Tom, I recently lost my spouse to an aortic dissection. I'm sorry for your loss with Dee.

If you need a change of scenery I have room for you in my house, a private apartment on Long Island. There are plenty of appliance repair shops locally in which case we can find you employment.
I wish the best for you.......
But for Christ sake, Dee would want you to live a normal life....... I went thru it, sad, trust me I know, but things get better....
It is what it is, but IT is what you make IT!
Chuck

Just like Robert and Chuck ,myself and many others that have lost a spouse we feel your pain.
Tom it is a tough journey but you have got to realize you need help. The hands up for you are everywhere you just need to accept them.
Chuck just offered you a possible solution. Wish i had the accommodations to do the same.
Be strong and please seek the help available to you.
Thoughts and prayers always
Bruce

you must help your self first , god can't do it all . you must want it as well . can't just give up . if for nothing else , do it for your daughter and your rebirth of a relationship . go to her !

Discovered that my ex stole $58,703.73.
I wonder what the kids will think of her when they find out. That needs to be an important part of their understanding of my situation and depression.
What are the best words to explain to kids that their mother stole $58,703.73?
It's not something that can be kept a secret.

O,Tom, are you still in NC? if so, why????
From Danny Bonaduce
Danny Bonaduce On What It Was Like To Be Homeless And Famous (VIDEO) | The Huffington Post

In his appearance on “Oprah: Where Are They Now?” Bonaduce talks about the unusual experience of being both homeless and famous at the same time. “I lived right behind this dumpster, but I lived in my car,” he says.

Bonaduce recalls the sharp difference between his homeless lifestyle but still being treated as a revered celebrity. “I’d wake up, kind of wipe my eyes, and I’d go right through the little arch and I’d be in front of Grauman’s Chinese Theater, where everybody’s footprints are,” he says. “I was still famous and people had no idea I lived behind the dumpster... I’d be taking pictures with people and signing autographs.”

Fast forward forty years
Danny Bonaduce started his career as one of the cutest kids in Hollywood (get ready to smile at the little red-headed boy clutching a seemingly giant guitar in this classic Partridge Family clip).

But in the most recent chapter of his life, he retreated to much quieter Seattle, where he's the big fish in a decidedly smaller celebrity pond. He's the co-host of a popular radio show there, but must be looking for new digs, since he recently put his striking modern home on the market for $725,000.

Step Inside Danny Bonaduce's Seattle Home

That needs to be an important part of their understanding of my situation and depression?
From Jungle Jim's son:
randyjj.jpg

Hello,
Beserko Bob asked me to write a few paragraphs about my father, the late 'Jungle' Jim Liberman. But, I must be truthful to the racing world, I really never got the opportunity many of you had to get to know or see my father. As many people know, my parents separated when I was young (3 years old), and we lived on the west coast while he lived on the east coast. From the time my parents separated and my father's car accident I only recall seeing him twice. Once as he was passing through southern California for a race (I was 7-8), and once before we moved to Oregon...

In closing, I do have one request, if you have a son/daughter, take a minute and give them a hug and tell them how much you love them. And make some time for them, trust me, nothing will make them prouder than to have mom and dad their watching them, that all important business meeting can wait.
For us older kids who have some broken fences to mend, you know who you are, take 2 minutes out of your day and give the folks a ring...even if just to say hi. And upon my own advice, MoM, are you free for dinner? Lets mend our broken fence. I wish everyone peace and good health.
James "Randy" Liberman
-HEADER FLAMES- A TRIBUTE TO JUNGLE JIM LIBERMAN

I returned home and found that the Mason's had dropped off a basket for my mother for Christmas. My father ( a 35 year Chrysler employee) has been dead for 24 years but they have never forgotten or let my father down. The Masons actually found my address, drove way out of their way to drop it off at my house, not knowing her address in the nursing home. Please take this act of kindness and love and pass it on. Please take a break from your situations and do something kind for someone else. Doesn't have to be much, hold a door, smile..

Last edited:
........I really feel for you Tom, but u also got to think about who ur gonna leave behind, your daughter lost her mother, do you really think she can handle loosing a father too?.....Good luck to u buddy........take a helping hand for god's sake.......kim.........

Discovered that my ex stole $58,703.73.
I wonder what the kids will think of her when they find out. That needs to be an important part of their understanding of my situation and depression.
What are the best words to explain to kids that their mother stole $58,703.73?
It's not something that can be kept a secret.
Hmmm....do your kids really need to know this? Do your kids really need to be part of "adult" issues? Keep in mind Sir, I have no children so have 0 experience in the parenting department. Please don't take my comment as any sort of attack...

There are no words I can say but to be supportive of both Toms here! Dustermaniac Tom, please do not give up, please reach out in your area ASAP to find some guidance back to a positive path!!
Darthomas, please talk to your boss and tell him your situation and that you need to be there for your kids, especially right now!!

You guys, please know that we are behind you, we love you, God loves you, and there are many more things to do and love ahead!! Find a way in your hearts to clear the path in front of you and look toward the road ahead!! And, especially because it is Christmas time, keep your kids as close as you can, they are hurting too in both of your cases, and you need each other to help mend your hearts!!

I'm keeping you both in my prayers!!! Geof

Darthomas, Post #21
"I wish I could at least help put a new heater in your truck." Your the best Dad ever Tom. Don't try to over do the good Dad thing, you will make us look bad.

Cosig,
"I believe Rob is right, this is within you and needs to come out! You need to face this head on, like your enemy, but not with disdain for your predicament, but with pride and determination to honor Dee and your family" Your absolutely right. Praying for Nella.

Well said Rob.
"We all know you are in a really bad place and harsh as this may sound, you ain't cornered the market on bad places. There's only one person who can really help you. You." Dee's love was God's love. Hope Tom realizes that and helps himself.

Last edited:
Anybody local to Tom? if so please go check on him....
probably easier said than done Doug - I remember Tom saying there was no one around where he is/was in NC, definitely remember him meaning it when he said 'out in the sticks'. Me, I am hoping he is either in Florida and trying to 'reset' or well on his way there...

Thnx for prayers and concern.
I delivered the family information to all members in totally neutral language in a group text.
Due to my ex's behavior, I have had no money for dental work, which I need badly.
I "removed" myself from the family home for the sale of the house, but am living with an old friend while paying down debt she built.
Meanwhile she's stealing out of the account intended to pay family debt.
So my kids need to understand that my teeth are unrepaired, and I have no place of my own purely because of their mother's thievery. Even as I was closing out the account, she was attempting to make more debits. The bank will be issuing me a letter for the court confirming that I have always refused a debit card, not wanting such charges to be possible.
I'd rather my children make up their own mind about what their mother has done than me add editorial comment.

Thnx for prayers and concern.
I delivered the family information to all members in totally neutral language in a group text.
Due to my ex's behavior, I have had no money for dental work, which I need badly.
I "removed" myself from the family home for the sale of the house, but am living with an old friend while paying down debt she built.
Meanwhile she's stealing out of the account intended to pay family debt.
So my kids need to understand that my teeth are unrepaired, and I have no place of my own purely because of their mother's thievery. Even as I was closing out the account, she was attempting to make more debits. The bank will be issuing me a letter for the court confirming that I have always refused a debit card, not wanting such charges to be possible.
I'd rather my children make up their own mind about what their mother has done than me add editorial comment.

How old are the kids?

How old are the kids?
Son about to turn 19, daughter is 13.
Ex -wife must be considered a kid by her behavior, she's 46.
All of them have either been therapy-ed, or put on mind-f'ing drugs.
Me, I have endless work 6 or 7 days a week for my therapy.
I'm in the hole deep, but enough tools and lumber to build a ladder.

You may be able to work backwards from Dee's Obituary. Date, City. Funeral Home, Daughters name, etc. It will list family. Funeral Home may have visitor comments. Someone has the phone #.

For Tom's phone number, pm me. In normal circumstances I would not give out someone's phone number.

-
Back