Indy LA-X vs. Eddy heads

-
I made this offer to someone that sells preped rhs "super heads" he declined:dontknow::dontknow:

You're such a tool.

Nothing in it for him to send a pair to you. You have zero credibility, no background, and nothing for him to gain from doing so. He did that himself running the stuff on his dyno and at the track in his car.

You're such a tool.

Nothing in it for him to send a pair to you. You have zero credibility, no background, and nothing for him to gain from doing so. He did that himself running the stuff on his dyno and at the track in his car.

But a lot to lose if i prove them wrong..and they'll(the head be run on the same set-up i run now)..flow numbers are nothing to go by anyone can inflate them,especially when your trying to sell a product,thats been proven by a friend of mine on his dyno...

What would be great to see in a separate thread would be flow numbers for stock ootb heads - J, Magnum, RHS, W2, Eddy, Indy and any other head that you can think of. Then do another test of all these heads ported, polished and any other "reasonable" mods you want to do. Finally for both stock and modified give recommendations for cam, compression, rear gears, etc.
Wylde1.

I found this a little while ago while searching for small block head info. It doesn't exactly meet all your ideal info, but it might be worth a look for at least out of the box numbers. I don't think all the tests were done on the same bench or all the porting done by the same people, but take everything with a grain of salt I guess.
http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/stories/360cylhd.html

But a lot to lose if i prove them wrong..and they'll(the head be run on the same set-up i run now)..flow numbers are nothing to go by anyone can inflate them,especially when your trying to sell a product,thats been proven by a friend of mine on his dyno...

As most anyone with a brain can see, I've provided not only flow #'s, but dyno #'s in a nationaly known magazine, and then RAN that engine in my car. If the flow #'s were bunk, and the dyno #'s were inflated, then why did the car run so well?
Imagine what the car would have run with a better carb, elect. water pump, no exhaust and if I had used my 8" converter and left on the brake/2 step!
I don't need to send anyone free heads to validate what I've already done. And as I've said before, the RHS heads are not a replacement for PORTED EDELBROCK heads.
They are meant to be run as we sell them for the best dollar value. You don't seem to get it.
Why do you try to **** up every post on here? Maybe we should start a petition to see if anyone really wants you here??
All you do is pimp your edelbrock heads like they're the best thing since sliced bread.
I will never send someone like you ANYTHING free for ANY reason! Get over yourself...
Brian

For the record, I agree with Brian's past posts and results. The OP wanted to know which was better. IMO, factory iron has no dog in this fight. Of the two listed, one only ships bare, the other as an assembly. So "OOTB" doesnt exist on one. There is no direct comparison but both can be made to run very well proportionately to the dollar spent. Which was kind of what I said initially.

As most anyone with a brain can see, I've provided not only flow #'s, but dyno #'s in a nationaly known magazine, and then RAN that engine in my car. If the flow #'s were bunk, and the dyno #'s were inflated, then why did the car run so well?
Imagine what the car would have run with a better carb, elect. water pump, no exhaust and if I had used my 8" converter and left on the brake/2 step!
I don't need to send anyone free heads to validate what I've already done. And as I've said before, the RHS heads are not a replacement for PORTED EDELBROCK heads.
They are meant to be run as we sell them for the best dollar value. You don't seem to get it.
Why do you try to **** up every post on here? Maybe we should start a petition to see if anyone really wants you here??
All you do is pimp your edelbrock heads like they're the best thing since sliced bread.
I will never send someone like you ANYTHING free for ANY reason! Get over yourself...
Brian
Well said!!!!!!!!:director:

Brian

Oh ya' everything printed in car crap is true..pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee!!..the original poster asked which EVERYONE thought was better.. for my money Edelbrocks are..who asked for FREE i wanted to try them against a set of Edelbrocks and was sending them right back when i found out the results paying shipping both ways..geez if they did/do what you and everyone here thinks i might even buy a set..but i doubt it..

douche^

Why do you feel the need to post the same stupid trash over and over? Openly attacking people? Douche!

For the record, I agree with Brian's past posts and results. The OP wanted to know which was better. IMO, factory iron has no dog in this fight. Of the two listed, one only ships bare, the other as an assembly. So "OOTB" doesnt exist on one. There is no direct comparison but both can be made to run very well proportionately to the dollar spent. Which was kind of what I said initially.
I wouldn't say the factory iron has no dog in the fight, i know plenty of guys running 10's with x and j heads, are they worth paying $150 for a core set and modifying when you could get the RHS X head, probably not, but they can be made to perform more than well enough to support a 4 to 475 hp engine for around a grand

douche^

Why do you feel the need to post the same stupid trash over and over? Openly attacking people? Douche!

I'm not attacking anybody,i'm just disagreeing with everyone who thinks those rhs heads are the greatest thing since slice bread..not for my money..and that's my oppinion which i'm rightfully entitled too...:thebirdm::thebirdm:

Go in with a bias to prove something wrong and things seem to happen that way.

Run your e-heads and be happy. You insinuate that the item doesn't work because he's smarter than to send you a pair of his heads for free. You're a NOBODY, not Barton, Ryan, Larry M, V Bloomer the list goes on. Quit trying to run down someone else's product that has been PROVEN to work on more than one combo.

wrench1.jpg

Enough is enough: None of you guys are allowed to continue the "Edelbrock vs. the Iron Heads of the World" argument until someone actually puts up some dyno numbers or track times. We don't race flowbenches.

Seriously.

About the Indy heads:
Hughes says " On the heads we checked the tallest spring installed height we could get was 1.627". Note: That was achieved using this tall retainer in which the stem barely clears the retainer, about .040". INDY tells us that the spring pockets (bases) can be cut up to .100" which would result in a 1.725" installed height. What this boils down to is that for most applications you will need to have the spring pockets cut."

So the max spring height you can get is 1.725"??? LAME.

They also say that they had to tap the hold down bolt holes because they weren't tapped very deep. Nowhere near as big a deal, but still.

Steve

Enough is enough: None of you guys are allowed to continue the "Edelbrock vs. the Iron Heads of the World" argument until someone actually puts up some dyno numbers or track times. We don't race flowbenches.

Seriously.

About the Indy heads:
Hughes says " On the heads we checked the tallest spring installed height we could get was 1.627". Note: That was achieved using this tall retainer in which the stem barely clears the retainer, about .040". INDY tells us that the spring pockets (bases) can be cut up to .100" which would result in a 1.725" installed height. What this boils down to is that for most applications you will need to have the spring pockets cut."

So the max spring height you can get is 1.725"??? LAME.

They also say that they had to tap the hold down bolt holes because they weren't tapped very deep. Nowhere near as big a deal, but still.

Steve

And someone does all that work on the heads they prep, with better springs than most of the less expensive prepped heads, yet still capable of lifts in the 600's IIRC.

Pick your poison.

I'm not attacking anybody,i'm just disagreeing with everyone who thinks those rhs heads are the greatest thing since slice bread..not for my money..and that's my oppinion which i'm rightfully entitled too...:thebirdm::thebirdm:

And you made that point.....72 times....:bootysha:

That wasn't directed at you.

Cool, but doesn't matter. This one asshole always, and I mean ALWAYS butt's in to posts and starts crap and then others follow. Now I'm involved it this **** throwing contest when all the OP wanted was some info on both heads.
It sucks when you try to offer advice or information to a post only to have THIS ONE ASSHOLE wreck it time and time again.

He's just pissed he didn't get a FREE set of heads. Plain and simple.
Notice he didn't offer to send HIS heads to us to compare on our 410...notice he wants to compare HIS PORTED heads to UNPORTED heads.
Does anyone other than Mr. ASSHOLE see any logic in this? Did I ever say RHS heads are better than PORTED edelbrock heads? Absolutely not!!

This is not the first time since I've been here that someone stirred enough **** that they were banned....LOL!!

Cool, but doesn't matter. This one asshole always, and I mean ALWAYS butt's in to posts and starts crap and then others follow. Now I'm involved it this **** throwing contest when all the OP wanted was some info on both heads.
It sucks when you try to offer advice or information to a post only to have THIS ONE ASSHOLE wreck it time and time again.

He's just pissed he didn't get a FREE set of heads. Plain and simple.
Notice he didn't offer to send HIS heads to us to compare on our 410...notice he wants to compare HIS PORTED heads to UNPORTED heads.
Does anyone other than Mr. ASSHOLE see any logic in this? Did I ever say RHS heads are better than PORTED edelbrock heads? Absolutely not!!

This is not the first time since I've been here that someone stirred enough **** that they were banned....LOL!!

Once again for those that can not understand ENGLISH.. i DO NOT want a set of your heads,i have enough of "door stoppers" i want to prove that my "mildly" ported Edelbrocks are superior to them.your "super" rhs heads probably have more work done to them then my Edelbrocks..Send my heads to you.. no need to i already have a "real" engine builder,And i NEVER said YOU said rhs were better,i already know they're NOT..i'm done with this thread,to the original poster if it were my money i'd be buying Edelbrocks over iron heads any day of the week,with the exception of w-2's...of coarse

There is a god. Don't let the door hit you in the ***.

What a liar you are. Nope you didn't want to PAY for a set, you wanted a set for FREE!

What a cheap shot Douchebag.

Your car is missing et and MPH from the hp number you spout off. No way no how does it make the hp number you claim. It should run 10.80 at 124-125 and it doesn't... 11.00 121 that's maybe 495-500.

Like most people on this site I LOVE the information and that is why I am here to toss around Ideas etc and actually learn something.

I agree with Brian and most here that Stroked340 chimes in everywhere and starts chitttt.
If you are un-teachable and obviously you can't teach anybody anything, why are you here? I say GO AWAY!

-
Back