my PST Strud rod Bushing Fell off the car! *PICS*

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a business owner I see two things wrong with all of this.

1. If it were my bushings, I would have just asked for new ones and paid the money because I know I would get laughed at about the warranty question.

2. I would never throw out a record of a sale transaction.......cover your *** at all costs regardless of how many filing cabinets you have to purchase.
Craigslist has them cheap all day long.
Third company that sells Mopar stuff that I found out does not keep sales records for a certain period of time....why is this?
I get bad vibes from companies that don't keep sales records.?...maybe I'm just weird like that.

Lastly......good thread....now I need to go look at my bushings and see of I need to kick myself in the balls or not.

Thread certainly does not need my 2 cents. So here it goes......

I love to ***** complain and whine.....(most current is when I got jerked off on an axle deal)......afterall I live in Washington....where people ***** more about the weather than anywhere else i've ever been, too include elsewhere on the west coast, east coast, midwest, western Europe, and Canada.

But this gripe seems odd. Who gives a **** about an 8 year old bushing. F'it buy a new one! Bushings are wear items that are exposed on the outside of the vehicle. And if its gone then no one can prove there was a manufacturers defect.......sort of like OJ Simpson.

"Any defective product will be replaced or the original purchase price will be refunded at our option when returned along with a copy of your original invoice"

If the bushing is gone, then you can not return it, and if you dont have the receipt nor the bushing, then the warrantee does not apply to your case. I'm not trying to be a dick but ......no bushing-no receipt=no warantee.

The Moog bushings are designed differently than the PSC or factory bushings. There is a metal sleeve at the small end of the bushings that is built in and absorbs most of the impact. That's why the washer is marked "this side out". It's a completely different/improved design.

My opinion for 'ya :thumbrig:

Please stop spamming so many boards with your BS :wack:
Its a 20 dollar aftermarket bushing, if you want it to last 30 years get a set of moog bushings and install them right. No need to post about this on even random off-road forums. JEEZ

Agreed!!!! Making himself look like a fool.

This is funny stuff!,as for the bushings install them according to the directions,as old man and others have said it depends on the design of them.On my 71 duster I have a later spool mount k-frame with the correct strut rods and the moog bushings are installed correctly with the washers "cup" facing out.I dont care how anyone else does it,this is correct for my setup and the type of bushings I used.

I know this is an old post but currently I too am having problems installing their new cone shaped bushings with no instructions..Those are horrible. I need to find original cupped washers and old school bushings. Any advice?

I think the cupped washer split it and it went south after that. Get yourself 2 new ones for cheap and get that washer on correctly. Literally, why would the washer go on like that from a top Mopar guy? Brainfart...?

Cup faces outward! Think of a rod through a hole and you are trying to wobble it. Which position will give you the largest arc of travel? :twisted: Many of these were installed wrong from the factory. Moog used to print on the washers which side was out and it is the cupped side.

all the original one i remember taking notice of have the cup facing the rubber. the after market replacements that i have used over the year clearly state the cup faces away from the rubber... pretty easy to see why there is so much confusion about it..

Two totally different designs. One uses the bushing to limit preload on the rubber and the other uses the rubber itself with preload determined by how much you tighten the nut. I want to think that the bushing was introduced because most would overtighten the old style and cause premature failure. Just my observation. I know this thread is quite old but just trying to help the original poster out. With bushing cups facing out. Without bushing cups face in.

all the original one i remember taking notice of have the cup facing the rubber. the after market replacements that i have used over the year clearly state the cup faces away from the rubber... pretty easy to see why there is so much confusion about it..

I agree with this.^^^

Just an observation, my '69 and '71 FSM's clearly indicate cup side (concave) face the bushings in exploded views from the Valiant model to Imperial. Whether or not there is an updated factory service bulletin or not I don't know. That said, if there is/was a design change in a product I would hope the packaging would include updated installation direction, especially for aftermarket pieces.

thats why on the washer its says, this side away from bushing, on the cupped side...

Just my 2 cents. I just did my front end and that is the way the Moog bushings are to be installed. I took off 15 year old bushings and replaced them with new ones from Moog. The old bushings were still good. No, it won't split a good piece of rubber!

I'm just wondering why the PST rep didn't answer the cup question when he answered the warranty question.
Maybe he had to call Moog

:burnout:

No paper trail from PST..I thought all corps had to keep records for 7 years? What if you bought them from a vendor? PST wouldn't have those records either?.. iirc, the cup out had a metal sleeve that would prevent overtightening Or is my memory fading? Last time I did front end work was 15 years ago...

I'm just wondering why the PST rep didn't answer the cup question when he answered the warranty question.
Maybe he had to call Moog

:burnout:

I am sorry that I missed this post, as I would normally not have a problem answering a question of this nature. As for our records we generally keep about 5-7 years back on file.

Thanks
James

I am sorry that I missed this post, as I would normally not have a problem answering a question of this nature. As for our records we generally keep about 5-7 years back on file.

Thanks
James

James, PST, should the cups face in or out? That is what is in question! Seems there is mass confusion / disagreements from knowledgeable members here!

Thanks

James, PST, should the cups face in or out? That is what is in question! Seems there is mass confusion / disagreements from knowledgeable members here!

Thanks

I have always put them cupped in. All the factory manuals that I have show cupped in.

Thanks
James

I agree with the confusion. I swear the set I installed in my Ole 64 Belvedere back in the day there was two different washers stamped both ways. the first one was installed cupped side away from the bushing and the second was installed cupped side facing the bushing.
all the ones I have installed I installed that way with Zero issues. Anything I have built in the last 5 years or so has RMS strut rods as they install even easier and have No bushings..
they made a Huge difference on my old Dart.

Just replaced the radius arm bushings on our olde F150. Pretty much the same as a the Mopar strut rod except it is on the back side of the control arm or in the trucks case the I beam. It does see quite a bit more movement than a strut rod. Have replaced this bushing several times over the years. They all had the cup towards the bushings.

PST directions?! Ha! That was actually my only real complaint with the front end kit and disk conversion kit I bought from them, no directions, instruction sheets or even a good parts key to know which bolts go where! Otherwise, I'm happy.

Oh, and cups in FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back