** NEW ** Trick Flow LA cylinder heads introduced at SEMA

-
Yeah, I think this first release will be more their entry level street driving option where all
of the stock stuff still fits. Maybe yet to come will be some double throwdown race versions.
Be patient, it can only get better.

Intake ports

Trick-Flow%20LA%20int%20port%20close_zpskvedxuxg.jpg

Trick-Flow%20LA%20int%20port_zpsqduu5vnd.jpg

Trick-Flow%20LA%20int%20side_zpsifsnbbhn.jpg

Trick-Flow%20LA%20int%20side-2_zpskdjvwllg.jpg

If the markups were like they were in the old days, they wouldn't be going out of business left and
That’s normal biz.
When I was a kid working a off season (Christmas time) job at the old “Sterns” stores (They were like Sears or JC Penny) I was in the back store room moving goods around to put out for there sales for Christmas.

A box loaded with suites the store routinely sold for $100 we’re lined up to be opened up and readied for sale. The packaging invoice was still on the boxes.

Stearns sold each suite with the “On Sale” price of $100 & the invoice clear stated each suite cost them $10!

This was found to be the norm not only in Stearns but other stores as well that I worked at when I was younger. That’s mark up and that’s normal.

Go get friendly with a actual car dealer owner. Be prepared to throw up at mark up.

If the guy your dealing with has a $100 mark up, that’s his biz. But I doubt it even if you share everything with him. I don’t care how close you are to him or how great of a good fella you believe he is. If those heads sell for $3500 from Trick Flow, then on the shelf they will sit.

Of course, there is always the fool with more money than brains.
right.

Does anybody know the chamber size? Or can you tell by looking that it’s pretty close to factory magnum size?
What I’m really looking for is a good piston choice for a 4 inch stroked 4.08 bore street motor.

Last edited:
Does anybody know the chamber size? Or can you tell by looking that it’s pretty close to factory magnum size?
What I’m really looking for is a good piston choice for a 4 inch stroked 4.08 bore street motor.
Per Trick Flow the combustion chamber volume is a CNC profiled 60 cc

I like they went with LA rockers but does that mean can't be installed on magnum' s?

You can install LA style heads on a Magnum block if the proper oiling modifications are done. Mopar did this with crate short block assemblies. Rumor is, early Magnum blocks were still drilled for LA style oiling, but I have not taken apart the 1993 5.9 Magnum I have yet to confirm this. These heads will motivate me to do it. All of the Magnum engines I took apart so far that came from trucks were lacking the LA oil holes.

Oil through pushrods and AMC lifters are all it takes to get oil the rocker gear.
As long as the rocker gear is set up for it, there is no issue to worry about.

Is there an LA style shaft rocker that can oil properly through the pushrods? I never looked into that.

Is there an LA style shaft rocker that can oil properly through the pushrods? I never looked into that.

you are going to have to get oil up the pushrod ..thru the rocker into the shaft...Or plumb a external line from the oil pressure port into the ends of the shafts....Or?

Yeah, I think this first release will be more their entry level street driving option where all
of the stock stuff still fits. Maybe yet to come will be some double throwdown race versions.
Be patient, it can only get better.

I would be surprised if that were the case. Right now, nothing out there really except production blocks. Mopar people are notoriously cheap skates, and big blocks have a much larger target audience in the Mopar world than small blocks.
I bet very few of the Edelbrock victor heads have been sold( i know of two sets) i am sure there are more, but not a lot. Expensive rocker gear, expensive period.
So for Trick flow to invest in a " trick" head, above and beyond a replacement head, would be quite a gamble. Just dont see it.
This head they are soon to offer flows 300 in " street port" trim. I am sure its capable of more, when people start tweaking on it. Thats way plenty potential to get a typical A body in the 9's. Much, if any, more than that, your really pushing your luck with a production block.

Goofy offset rockers? This is why Chrysler guys get nothing. Looks like a nice head and I'd love to do one but a W-2 flowing 300 will still kick it's ***. The Chevy guys don't ***** about offset rockers. They didn't birch about the shitty stud mounted rockers either.

^^THIS^^ I've said for years Mopar guys are their own worst enemy. Anytime something new comes out we hear, it doesn't look like my factory part, my factory parts won't work with it and on and on. There is a reason Mopar used off set rockers on W2 heads and it wasn't to pi$$ of the purists.

Skrews..disagree..prove me wrong:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Look at the pictures. The exhaust face flange extends all the way to the upper corner of the casting on the TF heads, its cast in on the china head. The area between the outer most rocker stands and the valve cover rail is solid on the TF head, and void on the china heads. There are plenty of other differences when you compare the pics.

Those china heads are just Edelbrock knock offs used by many.
Procomp / Speedmaster
CPPA
Sidewinder
BPE
AirWolf
ProMaxx
to name a handful

trick-20flow-20la-20exh-20side_zpsf5sjkvu3-jpg.jpg
TF head

screenshot-2017-11-5-steven-stevensunisme-%E2%80%A2-instagram-photos-and-videos-png.png
china head

^^THIS^^ I've said for years Mopar guys are their own worst enemy. Anytime something new comes out we hear, it doesn't look like my factory part, my factory parts won't work with it and on and on. There is a reason Mopar used off set rockers on W2 heads and it wasn't to pi$$ of the purists.
Thats not the point. Im seeing a single out of context sentence being misquoted and then irrelivent comparisons being made. Thus polluting another thread. Has zero to do with being a purist. An oe type rocker and intake pattern allow for attainable and affordable rockers. Thats all. Pay to play? SURE. Pay 1500 to one of two "mopar" shops that already charge into oblivion for a custom set of rockers? If im shooting for a 8 second stip car maybe...if im putting together something under 700hp...i dont want to have to fabricate an intake, or pay 2k for rockers. Guess that makes me...the 74 scamp owner with a fitech and viper seats, a "purist" :lol:

Paid 700 for a new set of Harlan Sharpes for my W2s and 500ish for a set of Hughes for a stock head a few years back. The overall cost is not that much more for W2s...

And well worth the extra power from the higher port flow ceiling. Extra weight be danmed.

-
Back