Perfect street/strip converter

-
Dude was taking a nap!
My stock floor shifter in my 74 was running fine, after i shoehorned the 340 with the 8 qt pan and 727 attached. Ps/ pb car. Never again! Adjusted, as i put it together, manual shifted it a few times, it missed a couple of shifts. I wzz working under the hood with the engine running and twice that car jumped into reverse and ran away from me. Picked up a Hurst Pro Matic I'm going to shove it underneath the factory console

My stock floor shifter in my 74 was running fine, after i shoehorned the 340 with the 8 qt pan and 727 attached. Ps/ pb car. Never again! Adjusted, as i put it together, manual shifted it a few times, it missed a couple of shifts. I wzz working under the hood with the engine running and twice that car jumped into reverse and ran away from me. Picked up a Hurst Pro Matic I'm going to shove it underneath the factory console
Holy **** Batman!
I hope no one got hurt.

I take it u used the 904 linkage which isn’t right for a 727. Kim

I take it u used the 904 linkage which isn’t right for a 727. Kim
I'm not sure the car was born with a 318 and a floor shifter I never ran the numbers to see what tranny it came with but there was a 727 in it when I got it. A good friend of mine was storing the car on his buddy's property and that asshole took the car out through it in reverse or was doing 35 in Reverse or something like that trash to Center chunk and screwed up a transmission that his deceased father ( a transmission mech, by trade) built with all TCI parts.. I don't know if the pump is sheared off on that unit or not, but I definitely want to investigate

Its been my experience that there is no perfect street/strip converter, yes you can get close but there are always compromise. Talk to a custom shop that will match a converter to your cam/engine and the rest of your car and be realistic about your goals are and you will end up with a descent setup.
The other Guy always has the perfect converter.

This thread is almost 3 years old. I had a converter made by Dynamic.

Check the date in this thread.
I did. I always try and research first to see if I can resolve/ or come up with educational ideas and not bother anyone. But when I see something that may help, I'll post, to maybe get more info. Especially when they're responding posters are getting into stuff that's relevant to what I'm doing. My bad

-
Back