Poll on are you running Stock or Modified engines

Just wondering how many running stockish engines and how many running performance engines.

• Basically stock /6

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Basically stock Small Block

Votes: 26 25.0%
  • Stock/Modified Big Block / Hemi

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • Modified /6

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Modified 273

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Modified 318

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Modified 340

Votes: 36 34.6%
  • Modified 360

Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Gen 3 Hemi

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters
-
Yes it can be welded.
Get the intake up to temperature in your wifes oven then weld with nickel rod (not cheap) while hot.

After bury it in a pile of dry sand to insulate the heat and let it cool very slowly.

About 20 years ago I swapped out the ESC and factory 2V on an '84 Fifth Avenue, replacing the parts with stock '73 340 distributor, ignition box, and Thermoquad on a crap Edelbrock Performer. It was a totally different car after that, even though it still had the complete OE exhaust system.
That's the good thing about low power V8 most got easy power gains waiting to be unlock, like the 318.

I had heard the stock LA 318 2 barrel cam was pretty good. It runs good with a 4 carb / intake barrel swap.

66 Valiant, dead stock original slant for now. Soon to get some nice upgrades to street modified.
82 D-150, modified slant for some better performance.
69 Dart, modified 340. Will be getting some significant upgrades when its time comes.
64 Valiant, modified 170. Not sure where this one is going, I'm still thinking my way through it.

Mostly stock 440 in my Barracuda (except that it wasn't the stock engine).
Stock 340 (except the valve covers) in my wife's GTS (well, it's on the engine stand, but it will be stock)

20210417_142114.jpg

1968 GTS 340 1987 01.jpg

I'm using a stock block now. lol about as stock as it gets.

About 20 years ago I swapped out the ESC and factory 2V on an '84 Fifth Avenue, replacing the parts with stock '73 340 distributor, ignition box, and Thermoquad on a crap Edelbrock Performer. It was a totally different car after that, even though it still had the complete OE exhaust system.

I did essentially the same thing on an '88 5th Ave back in 2016 or so, plus homemade janky dual exhaust and swapped in an 8 1/4" rear with 3.08:1 gears (common ratio in XJ Jeep Cherokees). Dropped my 0-60 times by like 20 seconds lmao and still got 20 mpg on the highway.

The 360 in my Duster is pretty heavily modified (5.9L Mag short block with custom grind Racer Brown hyd roller cam, ported Eddy heads, RPM intake etc) but I also have a 360 in my '72 D200 pickup which is stock with bolt-ons (headers, Performer intake, Eddy 1406 carb). They both work great for what I use them for. Truck would probably run better with a slightly bigger cam as it still has the 2-bbl cam but I only really "need" more power when I'm towing the Duster up steep grades. I started building a 440 to swap in but had to put that on hold, might start getting back into it now that I got a raise after the inflation spike lol.

-
Back