******Posting! Don't change the core of A-bodies.

-
I'll be the first to admit that some stuff I say can come off as gruff and negative. Hush up Frankie.

That said, anybody that knows me in person will tell you that I am a joking fool 99.9% of the time and that's how I mean 99.9% if what I type......but it doesn't always end up comin out that way. Hush up Frankie.

So please Treva, tell Mike if it's something I said that I apologize from the bottom of my heart. I don't think it was me, cause I don't remember saying anything directly to Mike recently.....but still my apologies if it was.

I am trying to be better about what I say and how I say it......but I am a complete smartass and sometimes the opportunity is impossible to resist. Hush up Frankie.

Like I told Frankie recently when he graciously took Kitty and I to lunch. I have my sense of humor because honestly, there's nothing much else to me.

Hush up Frankie.
HMMMM ..... you see a pattern here ? ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Best wishes to Mike. Tell him we love him. Did he get involved in the roast the ricers thread? There were lots of verbal bullets going off in there.
It was impressive how much ego fueled the anonymous tough man competition-objectively, but if you invested yourself into THAT foray, you were gonna get shot.

If you wear your heart on your sleeve, you have to avoid some places.

Wow! It must be something pretty serious if Mike is feeling so blue about FABO.
He is the backbone of this site. He always treats everyone with respect and is always there to help out a friend. He is how we all should act, how we should treat each other. May be Mike just needs a little break. Actually I hope it's something that was said by a member or two. If Mike is not liking the direction the site is headed in general, all of us who care need to take a hard look at what's going on. I hope to see him back on soon. your friend, toolmanmike

Treva
I'm sorry to hear Mike is upset!
He's one of the good guys here. I enjoy reading his posts.
I've never meet either of you, but you seem to be good people.
I hope the both of you stick around here. It just wouldn't be the same.

I too have seen some of the remarks and such. A few barbs here and there are one thing, but I have seen some pretty rude stuff also.

When I was growing up I was told if you can say anything nice don't say anything at all.

Tell Mike he is appreciated.

Tom (norshor)

I'll be the first to admit that some stuff I say can come off as gruff and negative. Hush up Frankie.

That said, anybody that knows me in person will tell you that I am a joking fool 99.9% of the time and that's how I mean 99.9% if what I type......but it doesn't always end up comin out that way. Hush up Frankie.

So please Treva, tell Mike if it's something I said that I apologize from the bottom of my heart. I don't think it was me, cause I don't remember saying anything directly to Mike recently.....but still my apologies if it was.

I am trying to be better about what I say and how I say it......but I am a complete smartass and sometimes the opportunity is impossible to resist. Hush up Frankie.

Like I told Frankie recently when he graciously took Kitty and I to lunch. I have my sense of humor because honestly, there's nothing much else to me.

Hush up Frankie.
I would like to x2 this notion, Rob you said it better than I could have. All I can add is that if I aint laughing, Im crying.

As for memike thoughts on a tough heart, I feel maybe I should take that as advice.

tell mike we are praying, I love to read his posts. Such a inspiration. I have noticed the members that mike has talked about haven't posed in here Should tell yo something. Have had them do the same thing in some of mine, I'm new to this hobby and seak out for help and I'm no expert but I like to help if its something I have done or learned here, We care tell him to rest and enjoy Victoria before Winter
Sean

I'll be chucking the BAD APPLES out the door, I Look everyday and moderate a few posts and leave, I used to love being here all the time but felt the same way mike does, as a moderator I still came on every day or so but not in my normal capacity with things in life needing more attention...Ya'll get along with each other I DO NOT GIVE INFRACTIONS...I TOSS YOU OUT...I have a memory of who is who and who has how many infractions and for what..if your latest infraction happens to be your third for the same behavior I will research it to make sure and then TOSS YOU OUT!!!!!! Bye bye could be a week or two or permanently, several times we have let people back after a permanent ban and they are pretty much on lifetime probation. This Is a Family friendly site ya'll help keep it that way Please
Thanks everyone for your supporting comments. I don't think it was just one thing, but something that has been going on for awhile and not just against him. Mainly how others are treated and comments made for no reason except to be rude and think they are being funny at the expense of others. A-bodies is community full of great people of which Mike considers his dearest friends and family. He looks out for everyone, even the new ones and takes it to heart when people disrespects his friends old and new.

He will be back, but needs a break to let things heal. He can't ignore, or toughen up because he would be changing who he is based on a few bad apples. Ignoring to him, is the same as accepting what they do. He will deal with it in the memike way when the time is right and in a respectful manner.

A long time ago, I had a conversation with Mike and asked him why do you let people hurt you so deeply? You should toughen your heart so that it wouldn't hurt so much. He replied "If I toughen my heart, I couldn't love as deep"

Sorry to hear Mikes having a hard time.
I think stress is getting to everybody in one
way or another and its making some a little cranky.
I've watched some good people leave over the time
I've been a member here, Some came back, some burned their bridges.
I left for a while to cleanse my thoughts and returned refreshed.
I've been thinking it might be time for another breather soon.
Hopefully Mike will get his peace back and be able to return.
If not, its all right, I'd rather see him happy and enjoying
his life than sulking about over things he has no control on a
web site.
Take some time away and get your mind right, its what we all
have to do when we're tired and the burdens are heavy.

See ya when thing are right again Pard.

Some people post, without any thought or regards to what the out come is.

If someone is trying to help others, why do you question?, why do you comment if all you have to say is negativity? Are you that selfish? If your intentions is to critiques or insult someone then this is not the place for you. A-bodies foundation is not about this and the only way to keep the foundation strong is for others to stand up to the bully's, the de-motivators and trouble makers.

Mainly how others are treated and comments made for no reason except to be rude and think they are being funny at the expense of others.

A long time ago, I had a conversation with Mike and asked him why do you let people hurt you so deeply? You should toughen your heart so that it wouldn't hurt so much. He replied "If I toughen my heart, I couldn't love as deep"

Words to live by right up there ^^^^^^ :thumblef:

Hope that memike finds his way back after a short break. Please tell him hello from us :hello2:

I have always and have told Memike in pm that I have the upmost respect for him and the way he handles himself on here. I wish it was more car related topics and not so much that would be better suited for facebook or twitter or some place else. Also I will only post something I know to be true and has worked for me and have had others contradict to build their egos. It is better to give no advice than to give bad advice. Memike has always been helpful and gave good advice. Hope to meet Memike in person some day. Hurry back it will not be the same without a Memike, Joe

I'll be chucking the BAD APPLES out the door, I Look everyday and moderate a few posts and leave, I used to love being here all the time but felt the same way mike does, as a moderator I still came on every day or so but not in my normal capacity with things in life needing more attention...Ya'll get along with each other I DO NOT GIVE INFRACTIONS...I TOSS YOU OUT...I have a memory of who is who and who has how many infractions and for what..if your latest infraction happens to be your third for the same behavior I will research it to make sure and then TOSS YOU OUT!!!!!! Bye bye could be a week or two or permanently, several times we have let people back after a permanent ban and they are pretty much on lifetime probation. This Is a Family friendly site ya'll help keep it that way Please

Your efforts are much appreciated. You can't stop it all, but what you're doing makes a big difference. One bad apple can cause a lot of trouble. Keep throwin em out!

You know, Mike is one of those people that gets hurt more from what people do and say to each other almost than if they said or did something to him personally.
He may not care for some members much, but he loves you all, and talking crap and insulting each other hurts him.

x3

Hush up Frankie.

But...

Hey Memike, sorry that you've gotten disheartened with things. You and I don't interact much, but I always enjoy your threads and posts.

Hope to see ya back, soon.

Couple people hit the door yesterday and there are others under heavy scrutiny.

Sorry to see a good member feel that way.

I've been told I am "brutally honest", and I don't shy away from a good debate, especially if I feel something larger than my personal opinion is in question.

With that said, I've also been told I'm one of the nicest and most caring and willing to help people...odd combo, I know. I'm a joker. as well. Many folks say I remind them of the "Hawkeye" character form MASH (aw, shucks).

I've learned form life that you CAN be a nice guy, and also not take too much crap.

Some people aren't worth being dragged down to their level (although sometimes it's fun to pretend).

I'm selective about who I allow to influence my emotions, otherwise I'd be a nervous wreck. Generally I treat others the way they treat me. I call it "the mirror" effect.

I enjoyed seeing Mike's posts about what he was growing in the garden, and fixing for lunch! I had two pineapples this year, but they got overripe :( I was looking forward to posting pics here. Sucks.

There's a guy on another site, that, every time someone posts a 66 or 67 Charger thread, feels the need to to write a paragraph about why they'll never be worth what a 68-70 Charger will be worth. I just don't get that.

Only time I can remember loosing my cool on here was when someone posted about his dogs killing cats, like he enjoyed it and encouraged it. That did set me off.

Anyway, if it was me, let me know. I don't mind coming to an agreement, and I'm not above an apology.

Couple people hit the door yesterday and there are others under heavy scrutiny.

don`t know what upset memike, don`t know him, or anybody on here. got in to this for info and occasionally parts, then it turned to mostly intertainment.
but have bit my tongue and switched to other things at times because of the idiots and smart-asses. "trying not to be one of them." :eek:ops: we need to keep it about
A BODIES ONLY ! I really enjoy the pics of builds, and progress on the cars. some of u guys have some kick-*** iron. even tho I`m 66 turning 67, (act about 47) my 700 h p barracuda street car will be running before the yr is over, and yes I`ll blow your doors off on the hi-way or anywhere else, but not in any traffic, I can wait for another time and place. not that I ain`t done some stupid stuff, and give GOD the credit for getting thru it, but w/ age comes wisdom, some just more than others. "ain`t sure where I fit in that! that being said , let`s keep it MOPAR---------------------condolences to all--------bob :coffee2:

I have been here longer than just about everybody else and I feel I have the right to comment a little on this topic.

I have seen the good and the bad and have also been the good and the bad. Treva, Mike is right. This isn't the same FABO that it was at the start. It is much bigger and therefore it is much more diverse. There are members like Mike that are the salt of the earth. There are members that are a little on the rough side. Most are just everyday folk's that enjoy the hobby and Mopars in particular. I think it is great that we can have a site that is family oriented enough so that Geoff did not mind Nella coming to see what was going on. But I also think it is great that we can have a "BLUE ROOM" and a "POLITICAL ROOM" for our not so refined members to let off some steam. That is what I like about the site more than anything, the diversity.
Personal attacks are another matter, I have been on the receiving end of a couple myself. They are not pleasant in any way. In most cases they are handled very well by the Mods or the Owner. Unfortunately, they are usually seen by all before they can be dealt with and that can be very disheartening and leave some members feeling like Mike does now. All I can say is be strong Mike, I know, and probably most hear know, you didn't do anything wrong besides caring to much. We and the world are just as lucky to have you as you are to have us.

Hope to see you back soon.

Jack

I've been a Mopar guy since 1960. There are folks in the new generation who IMO have no class. I wish I could stop them but I lost my poiceman badge. I am not going to let anyone chase me out of my places. Mike don't let the jerks run you off. Most of us love and respect you.

If people can't say anything good or nice about anybody then they should STFU! Just My 2 cents.

Best wishes to Mike. Tell him we love him. Did he get involved in the roast the ricers thread? There were lots of verbal bullets going off in there.
It was impressive how much ego fueled the anonymous tough man competition-objectively, but if you invested yourself into THAT foray, you were gonna get shot.

You're 100% right about that, mouser. I got turned off by the tone the thread started to take and quit reading it. I'm hoping a couple involved with that thread got bounced from FABO because of their posts.
IMO those types of threatening and name-calling posts have no place here.
Numerous times I've posted that this is the "FABO family" and, like family, we don't always get along. But the threatening and name-calling has got to go.
C'mon back, Mike! It's not the same without memike bringing some sunshine and a chuckle to everybody.

-
Back