traction bars! yay or NEY

-
$10 traction bars that were painted flat black and scratched up.
Bolted them on and never see them. I also have chevy valve springs and retainers in my 360 so there, HA!
I'm not a purist, I have owned a '70 Torino w/ 429 4spd, a '72 Nova 327 4spd and other Mopes.
Slapper bars rock on the right car. I say go ahead and try them, you can always take them off again.

Attachments

• DSCN3634 (2).jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 234
Man this thread is weedin' out all of us impure mopar infidales, what's next is someone going to confess to owning a '75 pinto??? I'll go ahead and confess, I own a '63 chevy rat rod pickup that will freakin' scream..

Well, you can always take the rear clips off of the leaf springs and the car will hook up great! You will impress everyone watching you do your burnout as the body lifts and the springs spread apart and then close back down again. Old trick.

Roach Clips + garters are great, just add some Led Zepplin Kashmir or Pink Floyd's Dark Side of The Moon and you're all set for some hot chick action.

Well, you can always take the rear clips off of the leaf springs and the car will hook up great! You will impress everyone watching you do your burnout as the body lifts and the springs spread apart and then close back down again. Old trick.

Roach Clips + garters are great, just add some Led Zepplin Kashmir or Pink Floyd's Dark Side of The Moon and you're all set for some hot chick action.

I used to love watching the dusters and demons do that at the strip back in the day..

Caltracs all the way!

I would not even consider traction bars.... never on a Mopar!

I think HOTMOPR has a thread or posts about Caltracs.

Man this thread is weedin' out all of us impure mopar infidales, what's next is someone going to confess to owning a '75 pinto??? I'll go ahead and confess, I own a '63 chevy rat rod pickup that will freakin' scream..
I had a 78 Pinto a few years ago and when I took my son to school in it the teachers would say how cool it was to see one again.

I had a 78 Pinto a few years ago and when I took my son to school in it the teachers would say how cool it was to see one again.

I bought an orange '72 pinto off a guy once for $40, sold it for $100 before I got it towed home, didn't have a spot of rust on it, damn I wish I'd kept it, I have two good 302's sittin' in the building.. Man what happened to the days of $100 dusters and $300 road runners?? Are we that freakin' old???

I must be a nerd or turd or both. I have dice and bars, but at 62 I don't give a hoot!!!!!!!!:toothy7:

Attachments

• DCP_0025.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 207
  • DCP_0031.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 218
I bought an orange '72 pinto off a guy once for $40, sold it for $100 before I got it towed home, didn't have a spot of rust on it, damn I wish I'd kept it, I have two good 302's sittin' in the building.. Man what happened to the days of $100 dusters and $300 road runners?? Are we that freakin' old???
We are old lol I brought the Pinto home at 300 and the air still worked. Drove it 6 months and was offered 800 bye bye Pinto.

Well its like this fellows. If I installed a set of traction bars on my Mopar my hardcore mopar friends would stand back, point and laugh like hell. Reason...... every hard core mopar freak knows the adjustable pinion snubber is what mopar uses instead of trac bars.

This reminds me of a tale a friend of mine shared with me. He installed traction bars on his 70 Charger. He arrived at his girlfriends house to pick her up for a night on the town. He started to back out of the drive way and the bars drug so bad he couldn't back out any further. I can't comprehend how it happened but after the tow truck lifted him back on level ground he took those suckers off. lol

i had it at its lowest setting and the bushing was smashed into the floor pan of my 69 340 4 speed swinger and it still sat way too high in the rear,i think adjustable snubbers are ment to be used with ss springs.i ended up cutting a t-bar pinion in half and putting it on a stock snubber and that worked out.....still sat a lil to hi though and beat my floor pan all to fecal matter.cal-tracs are awesome on 4 speed cars too.

Well its like this fellows. If I installed a set of traction bars on my Mopar my hardcore mopar friends would stand back, point and laugh like hell. Reason...... every hard core mopar freak knows the adjustable pinion snubber is what mopar uses instead of trac bars.

This reminds me of a tale a friend of mine shared with me. He installed traction bars on his 70 Charger. He arrived at his girlfriends house to pick her up for a night on the town. He started to back out of the drive way and the bars drug so bad he couldn't back out any further. I can't comprehend how it happened but after the tow truck lifted him back on level ground he took those suckers off. lol

The OP didn't have anything to do with traction, he already has a pair and he just wanted them on for looks....

That charger must have had the low hanging truck t-bars..

I think we scared off the OP. The young pup is probably on Wikipedia trying to find out what in the h*ll is a "CB radio" or an "8 track tape".

Nice Challenger. Where's the bumper sticker that says "***, Gas, or Grass. Nobody Rides For Free"?

I think we scared off the OP. The young pup is probably on Wikipedia trying to find out what in the h*ll is a "CB radio" or an "8 track tape".

Nice Challenger. Where's the bumper sticker that says "***, Gas, or Grass. Nobody Rides For Free"?

He probably thinks we're a bunch of burnt out dope smokin' hippys... :hippy2:

haha nope! still here readin, im 18 and me and my buddies all have cb radios in our trucks with two whips on the back! haha fun talkin to truckers and you can talk to eachother when muddin etc. So now that i made myself sound like a hick, whats the "proper" way to install traction bars and what are these mistakes people make you guys keep talking about. Thanks

haha nope! still here readin, im 18 and me and my buddies all have cb radios in our trucks with two whips on the back! haha fun talkin to truckers and you can talk to eachother when muddin etc. So now that i made myself sound like a hick, whats the "proper" way to install traction bars and what are these mistakes people make you guys keep talking about. Thanks

Just bolt them on, try and get the rubber snubber as close to the front spring eye as you can and tighen them down, there not real drag racing t-bars so to shim/adjust them you would have to really know what you're doing..

Man this thread is weedin' out all of us impure mopar infidales, < snip >

Well, OK...some more of my "impure mopar infidelity"....

When I retrofitted disks from a '73 Duster to my '68 Dart, I had to use a new Proportioning/Metering valve; so I got a new one from a Ford Mustang.

The radiator is from a 1973 Jeep Wagoneer, so that's partially still a MOPAR, I guess....:?

Also, I commited "Ultimate MOPAR Heresy" when I painted the Engine Bay a different color from that of the Body:

DartGT010107001.jpg

--

Well, OK...some more of my "impure mopar infidelity"....

When I retrofitted disks from a '73 Duster to my '68 Dart, I had to use a new Proportioning/Metering valve; so I got a new one from a Ford Mustang.

The radiator is from a 1973 Jeep Wagoneer, so that's partially still a MOPAR, I guess....:?

Also, I commited "Ultimate MOPAR Heresy" when I painted the Engine Bay a different color from that of the Body:

When I saw that black engine bay I knew you had to be a GM lover, I bet you even run old ford autolites, the ones before honeywell bought them out.. anything else we should know?? [-X

Who ya callin' "burnt out"?

As for guzzimike, I think the Offy valve covers are a dead give away to your infidelity. Back in the day, only Pontihacks and Oldsmopiles had Offy valve covers.

But don't worry too much about it, the fact that you are running Cragars is a whole lot of points in your favor in the Concours de Chrysler meets.

I dig your car! (Can we still say "dig" and not be thought of as an old gearhead?)

When I saw that black engine bay I knew you had to be a GM lover, I bet you even run old ford autolites, the ones before honeywell bought them out.. anything else we should know?? [-X

Yup, I have Autolites in there now...(Good Guess..!)

And this was my High School car (1972 - 1975):

1992CamaroRS002.jpg

And my present day "other" car..

1992CamaroRS001.jpg

--

Ahhhh, now you done it. You managed to make me sad that I sold my '67 SS 350 Camaro with the hide-away lights, the 350 horn button and 350 gas cap. That was my second car before my third which was a '66 El Camino with a 4 bbl 283. I had those two at the same time that I had my first love: '64 Dodge Polara 500 383 4bbl with a 4 speed.

Sigh!

Yup, I have Autolites in there now...(Good Guess..!)

And this was my High School car (1972 - 1975):

Cool Rides, time for my confessions>> I only run autolites, and I've had a camaro before, a '68-RS, '69-RS, '72-RS and a '84-z-28 an I sware on an old direct connection catalog that's all the camaros I've owned, doesn't mean I like em'...

-
Back