traction bars! yay or NEY

-
That '67 Camaro was an SS 350, 4-Speed..Those are Glasspacks sticking out in front of the rear tires..:happy7:

My 8-track played ONLY Deep Purple's "Machine-Head"...:toothy7:

Before the 67 Camaro, I had a 1965 Mustang Fastback....(289, 4-speed)

Payed $750.00 for that Mustang back in early 1973 < BIG Sigh... >

My 1992 Camaro convertible (which I bought new) is a 25th Year anniversary model. It came original with leather seats and matching color Rag-top...

It now has a little over 300K Miles on the odo...It's been a great car.

---

--

That '67 Camaro was an SS 350, 4-Speed..Those are Glasspacks sticking out in front of the rear tires..:happy7:

My 8-track played ONLY Deep Purple's "Machine-Head"...:toothy7:

Before the 67 Camaro, I had a 1965 Mustang Fastback....(289, 4-speed)

Payed $750.00 for that Mustang back in early 1973 < BIG Sigh... >

My 1992 Camaro convertible (which I bought new) is a 25th Year anniversary model. It came original with leather seats and matching color Rag-top...

It now has a little over 300K Miles on the odo...It's been a great car.

That camaro still looks great, that '65 stang would be worth some cash right now 2+2's are hard to find, so is the camaro...

Ahhhh, now you done it. You managed to make me sad that I sold my '67 SS 350 Camaro with the hide-away lights, the 350 horn button and 350 gas cap. That was my second car before my third which was a '66 El Camino with a 4 bbl 283. I had those two at the same time that I had my first love: '64 Dodge Polara 500 383 4bbl with a 4 speed.

Sigh!

Hot rods back in the day were dirt cheap around here, 1,000 bucks would get ya about any muscle car you wanted..

Hot rods back in the day were dirt cheap around here, 1,000 bucks would get ya about any muscle car you wanted..

You're right about that:
1964 Polara 500 383 4bbl 4 speed $500 in 1974 (traded for 1976 Olds Gutless Supreme in 1984)
1967 SS 350 Camaro auto $500 in 1977 (sold for $1000 in 1983)
1966 El Camino 283 4bbl auto a/c $175 in 1978 (sold for $800 in 1982)

I got a set to put on mine....Came with the 8 3/4 I just bought...I think they will look good. Think I'm gonna paint them yellow or maybe white
Just painted the rear end shiny black last night...Sweet!!!!

I am creating a "vintage" retro look from the early 70's for my Dart which will include traction bars. This includes the knock off Doug Thorley header look sidepipes, full stickers in the quarter windows, factory ralleyes with B F Goodrich Radial TA's, and of course the chrome Lakewood traction bars(on order). Being over 50 , I don't really care what anyone thinks about the purity of bars on a Mopar. I saw MANY cars in the 70's(including Mopars) that had traction bars. While I'm at it, am I forgetting anything else that was common in the early 70's................(I'm not forgetting having the car ride downhill or cutting the wheelwells to fit the absolutely fattest tire, just not interested in that part)

Even though it's not really 70's I'm considering a flame thrower kit for the sidepipes with a small separate 1 or 2 gallon fuel tank and pressure regulator with an adjustable delivery nozzle to be able to custom tailor the intensity and length the flame. I'm working with the local chemistry teacher to come up with a mixture of gas and other chemical(s) to produce a blue/green flame. Right now it looks like it will be copper sulfate which produces a beautiful bluish/ green color in the presence of a flame.

Attachments

• 100_0076.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 211
  • 100_0077.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 198
  • 100_0079.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 191
I really don't understand the purist logic, "EVERYTHING HAS TO BE DONE BY THE MOPAR BIBLE OR IT'S WRONG".. Where are these purist when guys are sticking 18-19 inch rims on an old mopar?? Those rims look STUPID on an old mopar in my opinion, but I don't knock the guys that do it, it's their car their not using my money to build it so to each his own...

i still got 8track player with 6x9 quad speakers hand crafted rear flares made out of conduit and steel used to have n5014 mickeys on 14 10 slotted wheels with ssts on front had mas pro traction devices on back now im running cal trac system with 15x3.5 on front 15x10 on back

I think the Offy valve covers are a dead give away to your infidelity. Back in the day, only Pontihacks and Oldsmopiles had Offy valve covers.

Hey, my first car was a Mopar! Bought it 37 years ago this month & I still have it! \\:D/ And I think Offy valve covers look cool! :glasses2:

But then, come to think of it, back in the day not very many people thought I was cool. :tard: Probably not many think I'm cool now either....:crybaby:

also forgot that engine bay has been painted black for over 32 yrs just like the ssa hemi darts my gm and ford and mopar friends have always liked it that way and it is a oringanal 383 4sd car i haved had the car since 77 with a 340 now a 416

I have dads Offy intake on my 65 tribute car to him. When the farm was sold it was going to be left behind but me being an avid Hot Rod and Car Craft reader since single digit age took it with us along with his home made deep oil pan and dual point dist. which all now reside in the car I bought like his.

-
Back