Vintage Big Rig Fever............

-
I have loved the B-Macks since I was a kid in grade school and a friends dad was in the trucking business. My Grandfather worked for Ward-Lafrance in Elmira, NY before I was born. IMO, this stuff is pure American history, and these specimens were a huge part of making modern day America. When you consider everything that was transported over the decades by these beautiful behemoths, it's no wonder we love them.
I had a client about ten years ago who was into restoring these Macks with his Dad. I should have gotten some pictures, I know. There is some fantastic vintage stuff on this thread.

Attachments

• IMG_7130.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_7131.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_7133.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 282
These were at the Good Guys show at CMS last year.

Attachments

• IMG_7138.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_7137.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_7136.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_7135.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 277
:glasses7:

Attachments

• maritime_ontario_halifax_ns_1962.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 233
Well, I certainly wish there were more captions with these great pictures. There's a ton of trucking history to be learned, here, and as much to be remembered.

1965 Narrow noze Pete built by my friend over a period of 11 years. Ground up, all custom. Every bit of work done by Dave in his hanger and paint shop. Once in a while I would stop by and lend a hand. This truck is a true piece of art-------

Attachments

• The ride is here.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 251
  • Transport1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 217
Did not like my C Ford cabover. You had to tilt the cab to do anything. Had to keep a hammer under the frt seat to free up the nightmare linkage. You would tilt the cab and hit anything that looked like linkage anytime the tranny locked in gear.... ah the good old days driving lumber for a living

Attachments

• C model Ford.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 218
I think this movie looks cool and can't wait to watch it...lots of old rigs and many being beat on :happy1:

[ame]https://youtu.be/thXIN_e242s[/ame]

1965 Narrow noze Pete built by my friend over a period of 11 years. Ground up, all custom. Every bit of work done by Dave in his hanger and paint shop. Once in a while I would stop by and lend a hand. This truck is a true piece of art-------

That is gorgeous...

OK... Cortland Show in August! Everyone meet at Robert's House. $40 bucks a head, get's you a place to sleep ( floor of Robert's living room) Breakfast (Coffee and toast), and muster in the front yard for seating in the convoy from Roberts to Cortland.

8/16/2015

BE THERE, or BE RECTANGULAR!

11205130_917303271665851_2417903823702630807_n.jpg

-
Back