who makes the best windshield rubber

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
thinking ahead, while the Dart is in the paint booth next month, I am going to have the windshield installed before it comes home. will need a new windshield rubber for it. I cant remember which one I put in the Duster. I think it was from Metro but not sure. what is your guys experience been with windshield rubbers. which ones have fit the best. do not want any leaks. Bill

eBay does. No matter what, your gonna need to skim urethane on the inside and outside lips of the front gasket, and rope seal or dum-dum the back. Just how it is.

Thanks Rocky. I looked at them just now and seen one for the Dart but the Sport wasn't included . I emailed them for the part # for the Dart Sport. It should be the same as the Duster. thanks for the site. I am gonna need all the rubbers on this thing. The shop that installs the windshields I use is just down the street from my sons body shop where he works so I thought it would be easier to get it done when it comes out of the paint booth and have to trailer it back up there. Its 25 miles each way.

Don't waste your money on ebay crap. The ONLY gasket worth getting is made by Steele Rubber Co.

http://www.steelerubber.com/

They are made of the same materials the original ones were and fit tight and right.

I went through two ebay gaskets with horrible results before someone steered me straight.

Good luck.

Classic ind.has b body windshield seals for 70$ and shp...a body shouldn't be much more...if any.

I ordered the windshield gasket from mrmoparts.com on Dec.20th like I said earlier in the post. I am not impressed with their service and will not buy from them again. still have not gotten it. have sent numerous e-mails and had no response. called the guy on the phone and he told me it had shipped but could not give me a trackibg #. said he would get one and send it to me in an hour. never happened. good company to stay away from in my opinion.

-
Back