Who's attending MATS 2011?

-
Me and C are trying to put together a meet time and place. Will let you all know when we get it nailed down. Keep looking here for more info.

So far I am thinking Saturday in the pits at my toy hauler trailer. Just need to get a time together. I will put up a pic of my rig when we get a time fingered out and I will make a make shift FABO banner to put on the side or some thing.

Ok so what say Every one we are going to get together in the pits at my trailer on Saturday at 11:00.

Don't know exactly where I will be parked but it will be some where in the pits.

Here is a pic of my trailer. I will also try and make a FABO sign of some kind to put on the side. I also put up a pic of my Dart so you can look for that too.

So Saturday at 11:00 in the pits my trailer.

Also if any one wants to stop buy any time and BS with me you are more than welcome.

See you all there.

Attachments

• 000_0017.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 144
  • 024.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 137
i am planning on going, this will be the first for me and the misses, but will not be taking my 65 fish, working progress. i would like to get the AZ guys who are going for a meet and greet b4 we make that cruise lets's say on the 2nd of april at scottsdale pavs next to McDonalds and have a MATS 2011 banner displayed but we need to start getting there by 3pm to get that spot. WHO'S WITH ME ON THIS?

i am planning on going, this will be the first for me and the misses, but will not be taking my 65 fish, working progress. i would like to get the AZ guys who are going for a meet and greet b4 we make that cruise lets's say on the 2nd of april at scottsdale pavs next to McDonalds and have a MATS 2011 banner displayed but we need to start getting there by 3pm to get that spot. WHO'S WITH ME ON THIS?
I'm in. Should have the swinger all ready to go by then, just need to install the subframe connectors and she is good to go!

yes...there is dragracing at MATS...just not a car show for the trailer queens...

Sure there is. http://www.matslv.com/2007/car_show.shtml

I have never been to Spring Fling, but I sure was impressed with MATS. There were tons of cars, lots of vendors of both new parts and used, used cars for sale in every state of repair, etc. Mancini was there, 440 Source, Laysons, TTI, Indy, etc, etc...

FWIW Chip Foose and Lou Santiago were there as well.

I plan on being there as a spectator again.

I just got the word from work that I got the time off. I just got my plane ticket! I can't wait to go and check it out, been wanting to for the last 3 years or so. So saturday at 11 at BurntOrange's trailer? see ya there!!

OK as of this morning, we are going!!
My wife payed for me and the car to race,and her and the 2 younger bos attanding.We will be there Thursday...and staying at the track.Here is my car:
burnout.jpg

If you look at the mats sight they used it on the slant 6 area!! Should run well.....I am looking forward to meeting some folks.Stop by, and say Hi.
Andrew/kidd

should be doable... i should get the car running this weekend and have the 8.75 in my the end of the month... axles and brakes in the mail... just need a driveshaft!

I'm in. Should have the swinger all ready to go by then, just need to install the subframe connectors and she is good to go!

sweet!

Last year the Killer Bees Slant 6 pits were on the fence just to the right of the gate. Don't know where they will be this year. Also last year the Slant 6 class was in the staging lanes around 11:00 and again around 1:00.
If Andrew can make it all the way from Eureka, then looks like I'm going to have to bring the Demon for the Slants again. Just had the check engine light come on this past week in the 2003 Dodge truck tow vehicle & noticed the temp gage hadn't moved. Have to get it fixed before I go.

looks like this party is shaping up, can't wait.........won't have the car there this year, but i will be there from wed. on.............beers, gambling, mopars, and new friends....can't beat that imo.

higgs

I just got the word from work that I got the time off. I just got my plane ticket! I can't wait to go and check it out, been wanting to for the last 3 years or so. So saturday at 11 at BurntOrange's trailer? see ya there!!

You got it. Put the word out all.

BTW just so you all know my name is Russell:geek:

Although it may not be allowed,(Shhuusshh! don't tell any one) I will try to get the same spot as last year for S/6 pits. Maybe the S/6 spray paint letters are still on the ground.
Hope the guys from Hotchkis don't steal my cones like last year!!!!!!!

Good News ! I'm going to MATS 2011 !

Wife and I will be there, but she wont do 3 days at the strip, so we're going to be doing Saturday only at the MATS, and Sunday seeing the sights. But at least I'll be there.

I'll try to look you guys up, but I'll be busy trying to see everything in one day.

Later Guys,
Scott

kewl, hope to meet u mile high, i'm out of westminster co. and thanks to burnt orange for giving us a place to meet, be great to meet everyone...........11:00 saturday, will be there!
higgs

You got it. Put the word out all.

BTW just so you all know my name is Russell:geek:
......................................................................................................
Where do you like to park in the pit area Russell? I'll be heading over to Vegas on Wed. so I should be one of the first in the pits on Thur. This is what I'll be running so come over and say hi.....
Mark

Attachments

• 100_0425.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 124
......................................................................................................
Where do you like to park in the pit area Russell? I'll be heading over to Vegas on Wed. so I should be one of the first in the pits on Thur. This is what I'll be running so come over and say hi.....
Mark

I don't know. Never been there before so where ever they park me. Will be there in the after noon on Friday.

I will stop on buy. Be nice to check out your car.

Pit parking at the MATS is where ever you find an open spot. The pit area is huge. The area to your right (south) of the entry gate is closest to the staging lanes and is usually more crowded than the area to the left (north). There isn't a bad spot, its a fantastic facility. You'll see alot of cones reserving spots but there is plenty of room for everybody.

If you are running a Slant 6, Romeo is going to try to get the same spots as last year, which was just inside the gate to the right along the fence. Won't know until we get there.
Racer entry opens Thursday after the vendors get in.

Ok so what say Every one we are going to get together in the pits at my trailer on Saturday at 11:00.

Don't know exactly where I will be parked but it will be some where in the pits.

Here is a pic of my trailer. I will also try and make a FABO sign of some kind to put on the side. I also put up a pic of my Dart so you can look for that too.

So Saturday at 11:00 in the pits my trailer.

Also if any one wants to stop buy any time and BS with me you are more than welcome.

See you all there.

Just a few days to go:rock:

-
Back