Why are 318's low HP and torque?

-
Gotta agree here replicar :)
& with respects Jada perhaps You were thinking the inverse???
--- LA bottom with poly top--- ???? that has been done.
Use the site search function, lots of good info, & validated build threads.
No lack of respect intended or implied :)

Is that even possible? I have NEVER seen a poly with a "LA" top end....Have you done it....... or is this one of those I know a guy, who knows a guy, deals? Id rather have a stroked crank in a poly personally.
You haven't seen it or you seen it an couldn't tell. If you have a poly block set a wedge head on it an see for yourself. You can bore to 4" and use the 4" crank for a 318/340 in the poly also. You will of course have to notch the stroker pistons for the poly valves. Or put the poly cam, heads and intake on a 360, that should make some bottom end power. 318 poly blocks are a thick wall casting that was used to make the 340 blocks in later years. Poly 318 cranks are all forged steel cranks that work in 273, 318 and 340 with a rebalancing of course. People dropped the poly like a hot potato but it has a lot of potential, especially when you stroke it.

Gotta agree here replicar :)
& with respects Jada perhaps You were thinking the inverse???
--- LA bottom with poly top--- ???? that has been done.
Use the site search function, lots of good info, & validated build threads.
No lack of respect intended or implied :)

Here is a good stroker poly article. Using ported stock poly heads.

How To Give A 318 Poly Engine More Power - Mopar's Rodney Dangerfield Part 2 !

How To Give A 318 Poly Engine More Power - Mopar Muscle Magazine

Hey Guys,

I am planning to rebuild my 318 mainly stock but with few upgrades. I have Bosch 24lb blue top orange tip injectors also Milodon valves 2.02/1.6 (in know not recommended that big intake but this is what I have).

I am all about low and mid range torque, it would be for a 2500 camper conversion. I probably will gain with a new cam (thinking the shortest duration not sure about the lift but 2.02 intake big enough I guess) also new pistons for the best compression.

Rest, I would like to keep it as it is. Any suggestion? Any help would be approached.

Questions:
Would 24lb injectors with 2.02 intake valves be okay with stock lift? Or better with 21lb injector with 1.92 intake valves and high cam.

New cam and shortest duration, what would be the absolute shortest duration ( I want to separate as much as u can intake and exhaust openings) do I need any lift with 2.02 ?

I want a torque monster what will last, not a screaming high rpm racer.

As I said it's a camper (means, I can be anywhere) I also looking a decent guy who would do the job on the budget. It's a slow project I have at least 2-3 month maybe more

Hey Guys,

I am planning to rebuild my 318 mainly stock but with few upgrades. I have Bosch 24lb blue top orange tip injectors also Milodon valves 2.02/1.6 (in know not recommended that big intake but this is what I have).

I am all about low and mid range torque, it would be for a 2500 camper conversion. I probably will gain with a new cam (thinking the shortest duration not sure about the lift but 2.02 intake big enough I guess) also new pistons for the best compression.

Rest, I would like to keep it as it is. Any suggestion? Any help would be approached.

Questions:
Would 24lb injectors with 2.02 intake valves be okay with stock lift? Or better with 21lb injector with 1.92 intake valves and high cam.

New cam and shortest duration, what would be the absolute shortest duration ( I want to separate as much as u can intake and exhaust openings) do I need any lift with 2.02 ?

I want a torque monster what will last, not a screaming high rpm racer.

As I said it's a camper (means, I can be anywhere) I also looking a decent guy who would do the job on the budget. It's a slow project I have at least 2-3 month maybe more

I think this thread is about carbureted 318's. Which engine are you talking about? 5.2 Magnum?

Your best bet is to start a new thread instead of using this 2 yr old dead one...

-
Back