Anyone get their Ebay settlement check yet?

-

HemiEd

Reaction score
I have searched for the old thread for quite some time, and can not find it.

Remember a couple months ago, we got an email saying that Ebay would be paying us a check in March, as compensation for ripping us off, more than they can legally rip us off?

Curious if anyone has gotten anything?

you will get a coupon for a couple of bucks..the lawyers will get millions...

you will get a coupon for a couple of bucks..the lawyers will get millions...

Oh thank you Mr. Sunshine, I was hoping it would be enough to retire comfortably on. :-D

I lost it with them this morning, and will be closing my account. I hadn't sold anything on there in quite some time, and their 9+ % final value fee charge sent me over the edge.

I feel kind of sorry for that poor person on the phone in India that received my wrath.

A Final Fairness Hearing on final settlement approval is scheduled for March 28, 2011 at 9:00 a.m. at the United States District Court for the Northern District of California in San Jose.

Class Members may appear at the Final Fairness Hearing in person or by counsel and may be heard, to the extent allowed by the Court, provided they file a notice with the Clerk of the Court before February 14, 2011.

http://www.ebaymotorsfeeclassaction.com/

eBay is already increasing their fees to offset any kind of pay out settlement the court is going to determine.
Starting next month eBay is going to also ding you another 9% charge on the final value fee of the shipping charge that you state in your description.
So fee bay will be charging you 9% for final value selling fee, 9% final value fee on the shipping and handling.
Listing fee, and don't forget the 3% fee Pay Pal will ding you for on the payment.
What a monopoly, rip off, they have going on. 21% total fees to do business with ebay.
Some rich businessman, computer geek, needs to start up a business to give greed bay competition in this internet world.
But right now eBay is the only game in town, and they certainly know it.

169dart4y, from the information the damnimcooltom provided, I would highly recommend taking at least a couple short breaths for the time being.

The whole class action law suit is almost meaningless to ebay anyways.A company with so much money it's ridiculous is going to laugh about it and keep doing what they do best;ripp us off!

eBay is already increasing their fees to offset any kind of pay out settlement the court is going to determine.
Starting next month eBay is going to also ding you another 9% charge on the final value fee of the shipping charge that you state in your description.
So fee bay will be charging you 9% for final value selling fee, 9% final value fee on the shipping and handling.
Listing fee, and don't forget the 3% fee Pay Pal will ding you for on the payment.
What a monopoly, rip off, they have going on. 21% total fees to do business with ebay.
Some rich businessman, computer geek, needs to start up a business to give greed bay competition in this internet world.
But right now eBay is the only game in town, and they certainly know it.

I think they are letting you list 30 or so items a month without a listing fee. They will still be way ahead.

The lawyers want 25%, and anyone falling under $.50 payment won't get anything. I would imagine most of us fall under the $.50 cut-off.

I can't believe the complaining about E-bay. If you don't like them, don't use them. What did you do before there was an E-bay? Newspaper? Hemmings? You think they gave you free ads? You can list items for sale right here on FABO or on Craig's list (and probably many others) for Free! If you list stuff for sale on E-bay, you just have to do what all businesses do, factor the costs into the price you charge. E-bay is not cheating you. You know the costs before you list your item. I think it's a wonderful resource, to buy and sell.

I havn't been a user of Ebay for a very long time. I very seldom look anymore.
It's just another great idea, that got overtaken with greed.
My best way to sell items, are on forums or Craigslist. I have had great results with them.
The owner did lose the election, maybe she just needs the money.

I can't believe the complaining about E-bay. If you don't like them, don't use them. What did you do before there was an E-bay? Newspaper? Hemmings? You think they gave you free ads? You can list items for sale right here on FABO or on Craig's list (and probably many others) for Free! If you list stuff for sale on E-bay, you just have to do what all businesses do, factor the costs into the price you charge. E-bay is not cheating you. You know the costs before you list your item. I think it's a wonderful resource, to buy and sell.
We are complaining about Ebay because they changed it, and we have a right to complain. It used to be seller friendly, now it is not.

Oh thank you Mr. Sunshine, I was hoping it would be enough to retire comfortably on. :-D

I lost it with them this morning, and will be closing my account. I hadn't sold anything on there in quite some time, and their 9+ % final value fee charge sent me over the edge.

I feel kind of sorry for that poor person on the phone in India that received my wrath.

I'm only using my egag account for buying from now on, they charged me almost $6.00 for two ads that the items never sold on, there website clearly says don't pay until your item sells:read2: :wack: ebay can kiss my :bootysha: and go :thebirdm: them selfs

I got some sort of coupon for 10 bucks off Ebay Motors purchase but it was only good for a week. It was in my coupons in my profile

Thank you shareholder. lol

I no longer buy or sell there.Simply cannot afford to!

i am taking my check and heading to vegas....oh..wait..i am already here.

Wow I was starting to get purple just when I read your post. Thanks again

Haven't sold to much on epay unless the item was $80 to 100 bucks it wasn't worth the time to post / package/ship . :glasses5:

169dart4y, from the information the damnimcooltom provided, I would highly recommend taking at least a couple short breaths for the time being.

The only problem I have with ebay is If the buyer states item not as discribed he gets his money back as long as he provides tracking. I know of people that have gotten empty boxes back. Worse a box of junk they never saw. You get 80% of the value if you had it insured and you still pay the Ebay and paypal fees. You can't even give the buyer a neg. feed back. But when you list your item you can block bidders with a neg feed back score of two or more. Well how do these scumbags get a neg. so you can block em if you can't give them one . I called and asked I was told it was a glitch in the system but not to worry they can get neg. as a buyer. I totally freekin flipped. and that girl with the diamond in here farhead hung up on me. They should have never stopped postal money orders this protected the buyer. But then Ebay wouldn't have made any money through its sister Co. Paypal. It is a cluster F#@k but where eslse is there . Auctions usually set the selling prices If you don't know what its worth.

Just to pass the news. I have been waiting for months for this as well, and decided to call the number listed at bottom of the page on the http://www.ebaymotorsfeeclassaction.com/ website. I was informed by the litigating law firm of the following.

• Final settlement approval granted by the court.
  • There was an objection to case settlement that delayed the distribution, but has since been resolved.
  • Final date for distribution has not yet been set.
  • Checks may start to be distributed at the end of month (Sept) but nothing is set in stone.
  • Due to the sheer size, the distribution will take several months to complete.
Hope this helps. As you know, I operate BidMotors.com which was online until June of this year and has been off line since. We had to move the site to a new host, and thus have been working on getting it back online. We hope to have it back up in the next few week for anyone interested in an eBayMotors alternative. Not trying to plug the site, but I am sure the question would be asked.

Thanks,
Richard

I have searched for the old thread for quite some time, and can not find it.

Remember a couple months ago, we got an email saying that Ebay would be paying us a check in March, as compensation for ripping us off, more than they can legally rip us off?

Curious if anyone has gotten anything?

I quit doing business with Ebay in 2008. For one, there were to many deadbeat bidders. 4 people bid off on the last 4 items I had for sale and no one paid. Ebay would not drop the fee's and did not make it right. I got slammed with final sale fee's when no one paid. I am done with that BS.

I cannot buy and resell items when nobody pays. It cost anybody to sell. That is fact.

Just to pass the news. I have been waiting for months for this as well, and decided to call the number listed at bottom of the page on the http://www.ebaymotorsfeeclassaction.com/ website. I was informed by the litigating law firm of the following.

• Final settlement approval granted by the court.
  • There was an objection to case settlement that delayed the distribution, but has since been resolved.
  • Final date for distribution has not yet been set.
  • Checks may start to be distributed at the end of month (Sept) but nothing is set in stone.
  • Due to the sheer size, the distribution will take several months to complete.
Hope this helps. As you know, I operate BidMotors.com which was online until June of this year and has been off line since. We had to move the site to a new host, and thus have been working on getting it back online. We hope to have it back up in the next few week for anyone interested in an eBayMotors alternative. Not trying to plug the site, but I am sure the question would be asked.

Thanks,
Richard

Let us know as soon as your site is back up so we can check in on it and possibly cut into Ebay`s business.

-
Back