my 1973 Dart Sport rebuild

-
I like it with the steelies/dogdishes. Looks business. Moonshine business, maybe, but business either way.

thanks for the input. I guess we will run them this year and see how it grows on us.

Tyler stayed late last night and painted the grill, inside of the headlight pieces and the light covers. Then baked them. The hood is going to be painted matte black tonight. The glass company came out yesterday to install the new windshield and brought the wrong one. They are ordering the right one and will try it again.

Attachments

• DSC06414 (Copy).jpg
    62 KB · Views: 338
  • DSC06415 (Copy).jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 323
  • DSC06416 (Copy).jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 333
Adam, I am going with the same ones on my Duster with a 340 callout. I believe Gary said they were 71-72 style.

Attachments

• DSC04502 (Copy) (Copy).JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 315
The tops was a little wavey so Tyler took a flat sander and ran across the top and evened them up just a little and then painted them. They turned out nice just needed a little attention. I like them.

I just came across this thread and spent too much time going thru every page. Thanks for the post. There's a lot of good information and detailed pics. Great work. Looks like its going to be an awesome car. Love the color. Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures. I will be using many of them as references when I go to put my 73 Duster 4 speed back together.

Thanks Moparone. Its posts like this that makes me glad I spent the time to post these. I am glad it is going to be of use to you. It is well worth it. Bill

I just came across this thread and spent too much time going thru every page. Thanks for the post. There's a lot of good information and detailed pics. Great work. Looks like its going to be an awesome car. Love the color. Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures. I will be using many of them as references when I go to put my 73 Duster 4 speed back together.

Yup!! A "me too" from Ontario. Awesome build and great documentation. Thank you Bill for taking the time to post the pictures and type the info. I bet your typing speed has picked up LOL.
Doug

yeah Doug, I am getting so good at typing that I took a secretary job starting next week. LOL

We just about finished up this Dart today. Tyler finished up the hood Friday and I went up and got it. Today, we put the hood on, grill on, front bumper and most of all the stripes. Buttoned up a few items and have only a few items left to go. Sure will be glad to get the windshield in Wednesday. This will be the 3rd time for them to attempt it. First time the windshield came in and had a bubble in it. Then they ordered the wrong one. So I told them to order it for a 73-76 Duster. Fixed the back up lights. they work now. Have to put the reverse light in under the dash. It it just about done. Will post more pics as it finishes up.

Attachments

• DSC06445 (Copy).jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 285
  • DSC06444 (Copy).jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC06443 (Copy).jpg
    71 KB · Views: 254
  • DSC06442 (Copy).jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 283
  • DSC06441 (Copy).jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 275
  • DSC06446 (Copy).jpg
    91 KB · Views: 278
Thanks Bruce. By the way, not all secretaries has to wear skirts nowadays. My wife is in management and she never wears a skirt. Haven't you heard about women's lib.

Finally got the right windshield and got it in. also the new window trim on the rear glass, detailed the headlight surround pieces. Working on mounting the reverse light that mounts under the dash. This thing should be ready this weekend to put up in the air and do the undercarriage.

Attachments

• DSC06457 (Copy).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC06456 (Copy).jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC06458 (Copy).jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 243
Man this thing is BAD A$$ looks GREAT!!! can't wait for more pics...your not to far away from me either. Great Job!!!

Man that was a lot of work, i know been there and done that! Lookin real good! I see some car show GOLD in the near future!!

Finally got the right windshield and got it in. also the new window trim on the rear glass, detailed the headlight surround pieces. Working on mounting the reverse light that mounts under the dash. This thing should be ready this weekend to put up in the air and do the undercarriage.

yeah Don, it was a lot of work but I enjoyed putting this one together. I am looking at a 69 Valiant for momma. that is the next project.

-
Back