Unbelievable!!!!

-

jtkaaa07

BossMan
Reaction score
View attachment IMG_2562[1].jpg

My buddy sent this picture to me while hunting in Colorado this fall. There was a 68 GTS, and like 7 Barracuda's just sitting in this guy's yard. My buddy stopped, but the owner wouldn't sell anything, notice the roof peeling off on the GTS, what a shame!

Unbelievable is right. Other than the top on the Dart, all those cars finishes look great.

Notice that the dart even has the rare option nose piece in the grill. What a waste.

tripple black with a white stripe... oh man i'll bet that was a sweet looking car when new..

I am sure if the price was right and cash was offered he would sell. With the prices they are offering now if I was him I would do the same and let em sit. If you want one offer him a price of what it is truely worth and he may sell.

Nice that these cars are around still. Shame that they sit but surely there is a plan for them. My gripe is they are sitting out in the elements. Colorado is not known for dry weather or lack of snow so floor and trunk pans are getting a beating and forget about the underside. I wont even go there. Yeah, its a shame!!!
Chas.

A waste for sure. Just last week a buddy of mine that bids on jobs cleaning up scrap metal called me and told me he just got a contract to clean up an old farm that had a bunch of old car stuff so naturally I saddled up the horse and rode down as fast as I could being it was only 70 miles from me. There was 4 60's B bodies and a few Chevy's there rusted away to nothing and numerous engines and transmissions laying outside uncovered for what looked like several yrs. And to add to the sadness there was an area between a clump of trees that had at least a ton of aluminum trim parts off various cars. All were neatly folded in half (so they didn't take up as much room I assume). Lots of Mopar and Chevy SS trim. All scrap now.

Those are awfully nice looking, there is no rear window trim on the 67 or on the blue cuda. That might be an in for ya....see if he is looking for chrome trim, or maybe he is parting them out?? Not that you'd want to part them, but something to start a conversation

A waste for sure. Just last week a buddy of mine that bids on jobs cleaning up scrap metal called me and told me he just got a contract to clean up an old farm that had a bunch of old car stuff so naturally I saddled up the horse and rode down as fast as I could being it was only 70 miles from me. There was 4 60's B bodies and a few Chevy's there rusted away to nothing and numerous engines and transmissions laying outside uncovered for what looked like several yrs. And to add to the sadness there was an area between a clump of trees that had at least a ton of aluminum trim parts off various cars. All were neatly folded in half (so they didn't take up as much room I assume). Lots of Mopar and Chevy SS trim. All scrap now.

Omg that is about the most terrible thing I have read in awhile. :angry7:

Hmmm who's to say they are going to waste? Looks like to me he keeps them in good useable shape. I would agree to get them out of the weather. Who knows he may have plans for them. :)

Nice that these cars are around still. Shame that they sit but surely there is a plan for them. My gripe is they are sitting out in the elements. Colorado is not known for dry weather or lack of snow so floor and trunk pans are getting a beating and forget about the underside. I wont even go there. Yeah, its a shame!!!
Chas.

The only place drier than Colorado is Nevada or Arizona. That's why those cars don't look that bad. As far as snow is concerned, it snows then melts within a week, and I've seen the streets dry out the afternoon after a 6" dump. no rock salt is used here either.

On the other hand, the sun is brutal, hence that roof. I'll bet the dash is trashed too.

The only place drier than Colorado is Nevada or Arizona. That's why those cars don't look that bad. As far as snow is concerned, it snows then melts within a week, and I've seen the streets dry out the afternoon after a 6" dump. no rock salt is used here either.

On the other hand, the sun is brutal, hence that roof. I'll bet the dash is trashed too.

Interesting! I had no idea Colorado was like that. On TV you always see mountains of snow so your impression is skewed.

Interesting! I had no idea Colorado was like that. On TV you always see mountains of snow so your impression is skewed.

Shhhh! Don't tell anyone. They'll all move here! :read2: Lol! Tomorrows forecast is a high of 65. it really is dry as a bone here. Granted I've seen some 4' snow storms but it's gone in two weeks at worst. We get spring rains then it's dry, dry, dry. The mountains are another story though in regards to the winters. Above 8000' the snow sticks around quite a bit longer and I've driven roads here where the sides are well over ten feet of snow. We even have glaciers where the snow never melts. it could be 110 in Denver and in two hours I could be laying on a bed of snow. That's the beauty of this place. 8) Ever seen cacti covered in snow? That's Colorado.

Shhhh! Don't tell anyone. They'll all move here! :read2: Lol! Tomorrows forecast is a high of 65. it really is dry as a bone here. Granted I've seen some 4' snow storms but it's gone in two weeks at worst. We get spring rains then it's dry, dry, dry. The mountains are another story though in regards to the winters. Above 8000' the snow sticks around quite a bit longer and I've driven roads here where the sides are well over ten feet of snow. We even have glaciers where the snow never melts. it could be 110 in Denver and in two hours I could be laying on a bed of snow. That's the beauty of this place. 8)

Same climate here Ramcharger. It was 60 today with the snow almost gone. Last week we had 18" in the yard. Weird weather this year. I was hunting on August 31 in the snow at 9,000'. :toothy10:

think this guy called us at the shop today... said he had a original 68 GTS car and a 65 belvedere and a whole bunch of other stuff for sale...

Haha I was thinking of saying the same thing but I figured he might have been talking about a part of Colorado I'm not in... Those cars look like they will stay that way for a good while, maybe I'll stop by and take a look!

This whole dry, no snow thing threw me off. I work for Henderson Products and we build a bunch of salt/sand spreaders and liquid application systems for Colorado DOT every year. Weird.

Same climate here Ramcharger. It was 60 today with the snow almost gone. Last week we had 18" in the yard. Weird weather this year. I was hunting on August 31 in the snow at 9,000'. :toothy10:

I was driving to Boulder today and contrast between the heavy white coat on the mountains, the brown Boulder Valley and the balmy 60 degree weather was a trip. :toothy10: I've been through Utah and yeah Badart, it's about the same. :)

Haha I was thinking of saying the same thing but I figured he might have been talking about a part of Colorado I'm not in... Those cars look like they will stay that way for a good while, maybe I'll stop by and take a look!

Yep, where are those cars in Colorado? :cheers:

This whole dry, no snow thing threw me off. I work for Henderson Products and we build a bunch of salt/sand spreaders and liquid application systems for Colorado DOT every year. Weird.

They spread sand and use mag cloride on the roads, no rock salt. Denver doesn't even plow the sidestreets, it melts soon enough. The DOT has to handle I-70 which climbs to well over 10,000' through the mountains. The mountains act kind of like an atmospheric rake that pulls most of the moisture out of the air. The claim to fame is 300 days of sunshine a year.

I just checked precipitation for the year to date as measured at Denver International Airport.... 12.64". That's about 1.05" a month. If that's not dry, I don't know what is. That's why those cars don't even have rust on the bumpers.

-
Back