What balancer

-
ATI seems like a good brand but...There are so many different ATI models. How do ya choose which one? I'm also looking for one for my 340 stroker.
Thanks

Simple street\strip duty 6300rpm peak.
I guess I'm hard on my vehicles lol
Or there is a lot of poor rubber being used out there anymore. I never do strip but used to street race 'back in the day' and hit 6500 all the time but never had a worry with the old stock SBF units.

My 383 has a Fluid Damper. Likely I wouldn't spend that kind of cash for one but I have it so....

te fluidmaster
My 383 has a Fluid Damper. Likely I wouldn't spend that kind of cash for one but I have it so....

You guys know that u can buy a sfi approved, AMERICAN MADE fluid damper from 440 source for way cheaper than the FLUIDAMPER BRAND DONT YOU ? tHEY WERE OUT OF BLACK ONES WHEN I BOUGHT MINE , IT`S CHROME AND HARD TO SEE A TIMING LIGHT ON IT. luckily w/ fuel inj. , I don't have to put a light on it to change it .
dis regard caps !

te fluidmaster
You guys know that u can buy a sfi approved, AMERICAN MADE fluid damper from 440 source for way cheaper than the FLUIDAMPER BRAND DONT YOU ? tHEY WERE OUT OF BLACK ONES WHEN I BOUGHT MINE , IT`S CHROME AND HARD TO SEE A TIMING LIGHT ON IT. luckily w/ fuel inj. , I don't have to put a light on it to change it .
dis regard caps !
44O SOURCE LINK
$149.95

I use ATI, because they are top quality and rebuildable . I got mine years ago when my motor was externally balanced. When I built a new motor and switched to internal balance I just sent the balancer in to ATI and they rebuilt it and converted it to internal balancer (removed the counter weight) for ~ 40 bucks.

Edit: I also opted to have a Chevy pulley bolt pattern used so I have more options for pulleys....however, this may have been more trouble than it was worth.

I have a source dampener. My buddy has been using 1 for 3 years on his 440 with a 100 shot of nos. The 440 was dyno’ed at just over 600hp. 4000lbs car. Runs 10.30s. Kim

I’m not sure that damper is made in the USA either. Read the listing again and it says it’s not like the other off shore junk but it also doesn’t say it’s made here. It’s not listed with the made in the USA stuff either. Hmmmm.
looks like the only damper made in USA is the rebuilt one :BangHead:. oh well, i only have small blocks anyway

looks like the only damper made in USA is the rebuilt one :BangHead:. oh well, i only have small blocks anyway

I prefer the harmonic cancelling qualities of the thick viscous fluid, that "never" needs rebuilding , can`t slip to get timing off.
Warren Johnson did some tests back in his day on them before he picked them. He was the man to beat back then, not that I liked him !.

-
Back