2017 318 RACE !! .... please join the fun

-
Now I kind of know how the prettiest dancer at the worst strip club in town feals... LOL

Thank you for acknowledging this LOL I'm having fun though that's the point!
Right where I like to be the worst of the qualified but the best of the unqualified LOL

Thank you for acknowledging this LOL I'm having fun though that's the point!
Right where I like to be the worst of the qualified but the best of the unqualified LOL
hey, at least you made a pass :thumbsup:

A quick post From the Dragstrip. Two practice rounds down one more practice round to go and the first-round elimination loss and I'm on my way back home for some dinner! so far spinning like crazy...... :thumbsup:

My first red light in a long time and broke out both by a long shot. I got 17th on my third pass dial out of 34 witch paired me up with number 1 - GREAT!
No sweat.
I broke out by so much, he broke out by a little bit trying to catch me.
Had fun

Last edited:
My first red light in a long time and broke out both by a long shot. I got 17th on my third pass dial out of 34 witch paired me up with number 1 - GREAT!
No sweat.
I broke out by so much, he broke out by a little bit trying to catch me.
Had fun
What it run?

20170629_172300.jpg

What it run?

J par, I adjusted your dial index per manual valve body
upload_2017-7-2_7-49-47.png

So completely just for discussion sake here, pretty much any kind of improvement to the transmission shift is considered a manual valve body? I mean like my stage 3 transgo shift kit I don't believe shifts any better or any worse than a stage 2 it just makes it so I have to shift it manually not that it shifts any different.
Oh great oz of the 318 please enlighten your disciples LOL

J par, I adjusted your dial index per manual valve body
View attachment 1715062788

So completely just for discussion sake here, pretty much any kind of improvement to the transmission shift is considered a manual valve body? I mean like my stage 3 transgo shift kit I don't believe shifts any better or any worse than a stage 2 it just makes it so I have to shift it manually not that it shifts any different.
Oh great oz of the 318 please enlighten your disciples LOL
My thought was, the more in depth the build, the more thought that has been placed into the build, and the more professionalism would apply.
For instance, there are easily .25 - .3 tenths in a good performance tranny. And usually, a person with a manual valve body most likely had made other performance upgrades too. Thus, the .2 tenth deduction. KEEP IN MIND, it's a generic penalty box. I could have had several lines just picking the build of the tranny.
It's like my 318 heads. I have to deduct .4 because I home ported them (minus .4 for worked 318 heads). But I could have installed larger valves, and had them cut .040 and still have a .4 tenths deduction. These two mods would have probably pushed me past my dial index, and put me in 1st place.

Nearing the middle of August, and 4 people have made passes.
  • It's not to late to join, and still plenty of time to make passes.... :D

I'm planning to get a few more passes in on Sept. 9th. Old school heads up racing at Quaker City, Ohio. Should be a well prepped track, so I'm looking to pick up at least a tenth or two to put me into the 13s. Might even get it scaled too. That should get me another couple tenths in the game. BRAAAAAAP!
Dads Streetcar Shootout Public Group | Facebook

Entrees..... :welcome: I'll keep it updated according to the post.
318 race entree's.xlsx

PENALTY BOX link for vehicles
Penalty box 318 -2.xlsx

NOTES:
1). Car must be 100% street and remain that way at time trial. Street means cruising 1/2 hour at 55 mph on summer day no problem. No open headers/slicks
2). No Power adders (boost/NOS/high octane fuel)
3). Worked heads means milling over .010, any porting/gasket matching or larger valves
4). traction devices including DOT drag tires are ok. No penalty
5). hood scoops, fresh air, ok. No penalty
6). Any ignition upgrades ok, No penalty
7). Honesty, just be honest. No purse, so keep your integrity :)

GOOD LUCK TO ALL RACER's :steering:
1 I'd drive my car from michigan to California.

2 has nitrous but hadn't used it due to cast pistons. Dont want to be the *** that oils down the track. Waiting to build a 408 with forged internals.

3 eddy heads

4 ss springs and slicks. Adjustable pinion snubber went into the trash.

5 air cleaner poking through the hood

6 msd digital 6, msd ss coil, msd wires.

7 honest? I'll go as far a reringed and bearinged short block, solid cam, stock stroke, and an HP 750.

65 dart, 904, PTC converter, 4.30gears. Best run 11.43@ 114 with a tire in the air.

1 I'd drive my car from michigan to California.

2 has nitrous but hadn't used it due to cast pistons. Dont want to be the *** that oils down the track. Waiting to build a 408 with forged internals.

3 eddy heads

4 ss springs and slicks. Adjustable pinion snubber went into the trash.

5 air cleaner poking through the hood

6 msd digital 6, msd ss coil, msd wires.

7 honest? I'll go as far a reringed and bearinged short block, solid cam, stock stroke, and an HP 750.

65 dart, 904, PTC converter, 4.30gears. Best run 11.43@ 114 with a tire in the air.
Sounds like a good build! Go through the penalty box and see what your Index time will be, then make a pass in street form (street tires, street gas, street exhaust) and post, Love to have ya in!

Sounds like a good build! Go through the penalty box and see what your Index time will be, then make a pass in street form (street tires, street gas, street exhaust) and post, Love to have ya in!

I have a full exhaust, and run 93. I do have some drag radials, that would be interesting to see the difference between them and slicks

Made a few passes last night. Getting little closer to my dial. The .4 pro tree really caught me by surprise. Had a blast. If anyone has the chance to run in this series, I highly recommend it.

IMG_1574.JPG

O.K. My son and I want in. 1973 Scamp. Unfortunately, I can't download the Excel files for the penalty box, etc. Add us and maybe pm me the rules? This sounds like fun and he wants to run the car at our local track on fun run day. Cars not quite ready but soon.

O.K. My son and I want in. 1973 Scamp. Unfortunately, I can't download the Excel files for the penalty box, etc. Add us and maybe pm me the rules? This sounds like fun and he wants to run the car at our local track on fun run day. Cars not quite ready but soon.
Post # 69

I would think you would have till the 31st that would be the end of the year. Could we have a last minute winner?

-
Back