finally took some pics but been thinking bout selling the dart

-

jasonmrenda

Reaction score
well i just dont know what to do. i like the Dart and am proud of my work with it. because i only got into cars about 5 or so years ago and so i never had a single car that i HAD to have. but since then i have been leaning towards a mid 50's-early 60's pickup but i can't have both. i have about 7k into the car and while i know i'll prob take a loss if i try to sell, i wonder what an honest and fair asking price is? don't get me wrong - i don't want to see it out the driveway tomorrow for 500 bucks. I def enjoy the car, i just know that i'd use a pickup more and such. anyway her's some pics. argh wish i had tons of cash and tons of land!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2343.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 583
  • IMG_2346.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 569
  • IMG_2347.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 559
  • IMG_2350.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 564
  • IMG_2351.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_2352.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 579
  • IMG_2355.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 572
  • IMG_2357.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_2367.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 557
  • IMG_2365.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 569
to be honest, I don't think you will get what you say you have into it back out of it.

looks like a awesome start to a great car and would probably make for an easy resto but it looks like it needs some tlc.

I would say maybe $5k 'ish ....then again, I am no expert with the darts so someone else may be able to give a better point of view on it.

I do know that more info is needed to give a more accurate price.....such as mechanical specs,whats new?,whats old? factory options?,build sheet?,any rust anywhere and underneath?

receipts for the things you bought?

clear title?

blah blah blah....the usual lol

I can't tell a lot about the condition, but that colour combo should help the price. I love the colours, maybe someone else will too.

sorry duh - i didnt list what i'd done:
mildly warmed-up 318 with edelbrock carb and intake, summit headers. also have the original complete /6 drivetrain that is in perfect working order. i swapped the drivetrain last summer for a more muscle car style and kept the /6 setup in a clean and dry garage ever since in order to preserve the numbers-matching in case anyone wanted it. Everything in this car is original - right down to seat emblems, etc. This GT is currently driven weekly until it gets too cold (i was out today and had a blast even tho it was 33 degrees out!) and is registered and insured.

The following is a list of items and such that I have addressed in the past year or so.

- ORIGINAL unsigned 1967 TITLE!!
- Mopar Performance leaf springs (aug 2010)
- summit 2.5 inch exhaust installed (aug 2010)
- summit headers
- NEW power steering pump installed (aug 2009)
- NEW Hi-torque MINI-starter installed (5 pounds!!)
- complete PST front suspension kit (aug 2009) inc ALL tie rods, bushings, etc. Kit was about 350$ plus installation
- 4 cragar Keystone 14 inch rims with BF Goodrich tires. 3 rims are excellent, the pass front one has road rash. Works fine but isn't pretty.
- new carpet installed (aug 2009)
- radio installed in Dash with an MP3 jack and a CD player
- 1 inch torsion bars
- 8 and 1/4 rear end (stock is 7 3/4 i believe and i still have it)
- new gas lines and gas tank
- new brake lines and pads in front, new brake lines sin rear
- disk conversion in front with V8 K-frame (have the original /6 K-frame with drums also)
- new thermostat
- V8 radiator

- have all original rims and 4 hard-to-find 4-bolt pattern aftermarket aluminum rims with tires

I think 5k-6k would be a pretty accurate range for it.

Looks sweet to me.

sorry duh - i didnt list what i'd done:
mildly warmed-up 318 with edelbrock carb and intake, summit headers. also have the original complete /6 drivetrain that is in perfect working order. i swapped the drivetrain last summer for a more muscle car style and kept the /6 setup in a clean and dry garage ever since in order to preserve the numbers-matching in case anyone wanted it. Everything in this car is original - right down to seat emblems, etc. This GT is currently driven weekly until it gets too cold (i was out today and had a blast even tho it was 33 degrees out!) and is registered and insured.

The following is a list of items and such that I have addressed in the past year or so.

- ORIGINAL unsigned 1967 TITLE!!
- Mopar Performance leaf springs (aug 2010)
- summit 2.5 inch exhaust installed (aug 2010)
- summit headers
- NEW power steering pump installed (aug 2009)
- NEW Hi-torque MINI-starter installed (5 pounds!!)
- complete PST front suspension kit (aug 2009) inc ALL tie rods, bushings, etc. Kit was about 350$ plus installation
- 4 cragar Keystone 14 inch rims with BF Goodrich tires. 3 rims are excellent, the pass front one has road rash. Works fine but isn't pretty.
- new carpet installed (aug 2009)
- radio installed in Dash with an MP3 jack and a CD player
- 1 inch torsion bars
- 8 and 1/4 rear end (stock is 7 3/4 i believe and i still have it)
- new gas lines and gas tank
- new brake lines and pads in front, new brake lines sin rear
- disk conversion in front with V8 K-frame (have the original /6 K-frame with drums also)
- new thermostat
- V8 radiator

- have all original rims and 4 hard-to-find 4-bolt pattern aftermarket aluminum rims with tires
Though it's good looking car, you're not likely going to get anything near what you have in it. No offense but quite a bit of that car is not "original" I think your list is exibit "A" and backed up by the photos. Keep it and drive it or you'll be sorry later!

Hard to say in todays market what any thing is worth any more. But I would say 5-6K sounds right. I would start at 7K and go from there. But thats just me.

i like the car, but a a member here just recently just sold his dart convert on ebay, and it brought low money. i thought it would of brought alot more, and i bid on it too, but the traveling distance and cost outweighed the total price. now do not get me wrong, i love to take the roadtrips to get them, but was not in the budget.

i would say if you had to sell tommorow, it would be hard pressed to get 2800.00 for the car. it is not like a 70 72 dart or duster. not as WANTED.

and i am not saying you do not have that money into it, but it shows nowhere on the outside of the car, or in the interior for the matter. everything is outdated.ie: carpet, seats, dash........, you get the point. so it still needs alot into it. by the time you are done, just to make a clean car, you'll have 12 grand into it, and at that point, you can buy a car like badlilreds' for 14,000

The biggest flaws I am seeing is the interior looks like it could use a good spiffing up......its just a /6 car going off the numbers from factory which makes it less valuable (to some).....but the biggest thing is.....I see rot on the roof and surrounding areas...and normally these cars (more so with vinyl top) when they start rusting in those areas....there is normally hidden "treasure" under the paint.

as was said before.....its a cool car and its not that its worthless or anything....but based off of what most people normally look for when looking at these cars and condition and options and stuff like that.....this would be towards the bottom of the tier if you were asking lets say $5,000.00 for it.

HOWEVER if you were willing to offer it for in the $3k-$4k range .... I am sure you would probably be looking at a quick sale.

just hard saying for sure when I have lately been seeing guys pick up running driving factory 340 cars for $3k-$4k-$5k and so on.

as was mentioned before though, it would probably be a good idea to keep it because one day you will kick yourself.

if your patient , you may get more income flowing and end up with more room in the future and be able to have the best of both worlds!

It looks like a nice complete dart, realisticly I'd say $3,500 to $4,000 tops.. It does need completly restored, I'd hang onto it....

thanks all and no offense taken at the "less optimistic" values. i am a realist and understand that i am most likely not going to get all the cash back. esp amongst those who know their MOPARS - and i am not into trying to swindle anyone. May i ask what appears to not be original? My intent was to focus on the safety and handling side of things - not the interior or exterior. I guess thats why i am somewhat "different" - well prob many reasons lol- but personally i'd rather pay 4k for a car or bike that i know is mechanically sound and safe vs. something with a 4k paint job that won't make it down the road. There is a good amount of rot underneath and it pains me to say that but it's the truth. This will never be a showcar unless someone sinks serious dollars and time into it and i don't know why anyone would. But as a safe, fun daily driver she moves along quite well and handles as well as a 45 year old car with antiquated suspension does - well at leasts amongst those that i've driven. i certainly wasn't trying to reinvent the wheel so to speak- just wanted to upgrade the pivotal areas with quality components that i knew were installed properly and thoroughly gone over by a qualified mechanic. I have a 2 year old daughter and would never put her in a vehicle i wasn't 100% confident in. Ironically we just had a guy over to fix the stove and he was here for 75 mins - 35 of which were going over the Dart and how he missed his!

Thank you all for your insight. Any additional feedback - pos or neg - is welcomed as I appreciate learning.

- jsaosn

As for buyers it's human nature to look more at what needs redone on the car than what you've already done... I think with a little more work it would be a really nice dart, If someone is looking to totally restore it their eye will catch every flaw...

thanks all and no offense taken at the "less optimistic" values. i am a realist and understand that i am most likely not going to get all the cash back. esp amongst those who know their MOPARS - and i am not into trying to swindle anyone. May i ask what appears to not be original? My intent was to focus on the safety and handling side of things - not the interior or exterior. I guess thats why i am somewhat "different" - well prob many reasons lol- but personally i'd rather pay 4k for a car or bike that i know is mechanically sound and safe vs. something with a 4k paint job that won't make it down the road. There is a good amount of rot underneath and it pains me to say that but it's the truth. This will never be a showcar unless someone sinks serious dollars and time into it and i don't know why anyone would. But as a safe, fun daily driver she moves along quite well and handles as well as a 45 year old car with antiquated suspension does - well at leasts amongst those that i've driven. i certainly wasn't trying to reinvent the wheel so to speak- just wanted to upgrade the pivotal areas with quality components that i knew were installed properly and thoroughly gone over by a qualified mechanic. I have a 2 year old daughter and would never put her in a vehicle i wasn't 100% confident in. Ironically we just had a guy over to fix the stove and he was here for 75 mins - 35 of which were going over the Dart and how he missed his!

Thank you all for your insight. Any additional feedback - pos or neg - is welcomed as I appreciate learning.

- jsaosn

ill give you 3200 for her just because i love 67 trade you 1994 dakota ext cab 55000 miles and 2000.00 cash

- jsaosn
Everything on your "upgrade" list is not original. Add the gas cap and hood pins.

thanks cudamark. i guess this is the learning process as i am not sure why someone would want antiquated stuff like extremely sagged leaf springs and a broken power steering box just to preserve originality? not being sarcastic at all. my theory has salways been if i cant use something, i don't want it. i just assumed that my upgrades were good ones as sthey addressed the safety levels of the car. but i see the point about being truly "original". i guess i also knew there was no hope of me ever doing a frame-off resto right down to the factory nuts and bolts so i considered that things like emblems, seats, etc were original. i appreciate the clarification as again my intent is not to try and hoodwink anyone.

i just reread my initial post and i see what you mean. i do have the original /6 drivetrain stored nicely away in the garage. also have the 4 original rims and 4 4-bolt aftermarkets. the slant drove great i just wanted a bigger engine.

thanks again all

Man, I would hang on to it and enjoy it the way it sits, Join a local mopar club, take it to the drag strip, take to our local cruise ins, Just an idea.

finally found a running 322 nailhead for that after months and months of searching!! it's a 55 special 4 door. has a never mounted original full size spare and 2 extra dynaflows. it isn't the prettiest thing right now but i hope to get it on the road for spring unless it finds a new home. ive got about 2500 into it as-is. i'd be open to offers or a trade for an old truck on that one too. then i could keep the Dart. thanks for the post.
- jason

thanks cudamark. i guess this is the learning process as i am not sure why someone would want antiquated stuff like extremely sagged leaf springs and a broken power steering box just to preserve originality? not being sarcastic at all. my theory has salways been if i cant use something, i don't want it. i just assumed that my upgrades were good ones as sthey addressed the safety levels of the car. but i see the point about being truly "original". i guess i also knew there was no hope of me ever doing a frame-off resto right down to the factory nuts and bolts so i considered that things like emblems, seats, etc were original. i appreciate the clarification as again my intent is not to try and hoodwink anyone.

i just reread my initial post and i see what you mean. i do have the original /6 drivetrain stored nicely away in the garage. also have the 4 original rims and 4 4-bolt aftermarkets. the slant drove great i just wanted a bigger engine.

thanks again all
No problem....I didn't mean to nitpick but as the saying goes...."words mean things". I see it all the time when someone advertises a vehicle as being "original" when what they really mean is "stock" or "period correct". I think the worst misuse of a description is "restored" or "complete restoration" when what actually has been done is a rebuild and/or modification.

I might have the wrong FABO member, but wasn't this car silver at one time? If this is the same one, I would've stayed with the silver. Silver on red is a beautiful combo.

nope wasnt - BUT if i do keep her silver IS the color i am going with lol!

-
Back