Life

-
Hey Mike, It sounds like you're getting some good advice from your Mopar friends here. I certainly don't know your circumstances but I would suggest trying to spend some time doing whatever makes you truly happy. This could be hanging out with friends, wrenching, working out, whatever. If I think back to the times I was really down, and there has been more than a few, I had stopped doing things that made me happy. Its worth a try.

Someone very close to my wife committed suicide. Suicide may sound painless to the person contemplating it, but consider the ultimate pain it will inflict on those closest to them. It has been 10 years and my wife has never been the same. You are just transferring your pain to many other people. Having dealt with the consequences, in my opinion, suicide is the highest level of selfishness. I'm not trying to come across as crass. Please seek help if you are having these thoughts. Please.

well my fiance is has had issues with this problem... and I hate to say it but it has hurt me and her family more then her.... and more then she would ever understand, I am just glad my son wasnt old enough to understand what was happening.... one of the hardest things to see is the emotional effect it has on everything and everyone around you. I myself have dealt with more then one person with this issue and I myself cant say i havnt thought about it as well ( not sure anyone can).
when I was 18 I had to take in my sick father...lost everything I had,my best friend of 19 years died, and found out my mom has cancer along with my son getting hurt and my brother having issues I had to help with I was going through a real ruff time as we all do. One of the most gratifying things I have found growing up is when the cards are stacked against you and you still manage to beat all odds with a big f****** smile on your facee its the most gratifying experience and biggest high I can imagine. When life kicks you in the nuts you push them down out of your throut,shrugg it off, and keep on movin. If you need someone to talk to myself and im sure many members are all here for yah.
Best wishes.
If you need someon to talk to it always helps as well... I did it.

…and even if you think it through really carefully and decide that the reasons to go on living don't outweigh the reasons not to, even if you hit upon a (nonexistent) perfect, sure-fire method, there's nothing such as a painless suicide for those you leave behind. No matter whether you base your behavioural decisions on religion, ethics, or just plain manners, that's a really crappy thing to do to anyone else, even someone you don't know.

Everyone means well when they talk about how much you've got to live for, etc. Of course, they can't really know what you're feeling, even if you're talking to them. This decision isn't theirs, it's yours...now your job is to choose to take a less drastic, more effective approach to solving whatever has got you feeling so awful. There are lots of people ready and able to help, and you've already taken the first step by asking for help here (even if that's not exactly what you said, or the kind of help you thought you were asking for). The next step's a little easier than the first one, and the next one after that's a little easier...

Nice to see a PG'er on here. As far as suicide, not a solution. I've never lost anybody to suicide, but my cousin told me that a few people have commited around his area( Nothern Alberta). I have felt sometimes depressed, but being a teenager, i wonder if it was because i was going through changes. I find there to be alot more stress now than say a few years ago. Always look towards the future.

Sorry Demon....I want this guy mike to know that I am sending a prayer to the man up stairs for him. I don't know Mike but I have seen some of his posts. I just can't sit back and do nothing.

I'm 21. It's been 10 years for me. Dealing with it everyday on and off. I have my good days and my bad days. Come close a couple times. My excuse? Nothing. I've never done drugs didn't drink til I graduated(this is not a solution ether DO NOT drink while depressed, If your like me it just worsens the feelings).

Mike read this site. Found it a couple years back and I've read it every time I've felt bad enough to actually contemplate a method.

http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/

Mike if I can be a beacon of any kind of hope. Hold on, life kicks the sh*t out of you, but you know what It's not how many times you get knocked down, it's how many times you get back up and continue the fight.

Gimme a shout man, I've been there. trust me keep your head up and you'll keep going. Another site I'm on, We lost a guy... I don't know all the details but he took his own life. Greatest guy on the site imo, but he never said anything to anyone about his problems. Don't let ANYONE say different. The first step is telling people you have an issue. Next step is finding your way of dealing with it. some go to therapy, some talk to friends, some bottle it and deal with it as it comes. My decision has been to deal with it. I don't recommend it. But everyone is different.

I hope this finds you before you make any rash decisions. I don't know anyone elses history on this subject but if you havn't talked to someone who's been there yet gimme a shout. I'll pm you my number call me anytime it's long distance but there should be a way to call collect.

I dunn guys. Jus got back from the hospital. And I got an appointmentfor tommorow sometime. Whoever phoned in for me.... I want to say thank you. And give you a great big bear hug. Pm me... Whoever you are

Hope things are O.K Mike?Your just a young man and have got so many good times ahead of you to share here with us.I really hope you stick around and play QB in chat more often:bear:pM me if you,d like to talk?

Warmest wishes and any good carma I have I'm sending to you.
Please remember you have alot of people here who enjoy your company and we want to continue to do so.
I'm sure after a short time and the winter melt off, when spring hits you will have a different view.
I really do hope things get better for you. You really seem to have alot going for you.
Life always deals nasty blows and it is never fair. The best people seem to suffer the most.
Good Luck & well wishes sent. Please keep us posted and don't be afraid to come here to talk.
It sounds like from the last few post things are going in the right direction.
I'm sure I can speak for the rest, Please keep in touch with us.

I have to tell you thanks for the words of encouragement that you have written me here in the past. When I felt really down on things you sent me a quick post of only a few words but they helped me and made me feel better. I have not forgotten, Thank You for your kind words and concern you showed me.
I hope to keep hearing from you and enjoying your other post to friends here.You sometimes help other people when you don't even know it.8)

Its been 5 years since my friend I got my Swinger from jumped to his death from the Sunshine Skyway Bridge here in Florida. I am still pissed at him. He was a train wreck most of his life, never took any responsabitity, and when things got tough he jumped. Did I say I am still pissed at him. His family had to clean up his mess in the end. Like David(grumpuscreature) said if you have the guts to do it then you are strong enought to come out of it.
I also have two other people in my life who were effected by one of there family members taking the pipe(hose from exhaust).

Please dude, get your head clear and think of all the good things around you and don't let the negative thoughts take over. Life is short enough, don't help things along.

I haevn't read every post in this thread so I dont know if anyone answered your question. If I did read all of the replys I think I would find 100 percent " Dont do it ".
I would like to think that since almost eveyone here has been a 15 year old male before one of them would have explained to you why you asked such a question. Knowledge is power so read and learn...
Did you know human beings are the only living creature that will end its own life ? Did you know that human beings are the only creature that makes preparations in advance of its death. It true, Nothing else knows it can or will die. The human mind is indeed a strange thing. So whats wrong with yours ?
Nothing really. Some of the following may sting a little but keep in mind, what I tell you about yourself applied to all of us....
You are 15 years old. Therfore you've reached puberty. You have a face covered in zits and you are self concous of it. You wank off atleast once a day and you are ashamed of yourself for it. Just standing to close to a fire will cause an erection. The girls wont give you a second glance. Meanwhile you cant concentrate on your studies. Everything just seems screwed up.
So what do the other creatures do when they reaach puberty ? They mate ofcourse. Their hormones cause them to compete with other males for the prize too. I'm sorry fellow human but our society wont allow any of that.
So if God gave us these powerful minds that realize life and death why do we also have natural ( some say animal ) instincts that could leed to the mind destroying the body ? Ask him ! He can help you a lot more than any of us can.
Beware of society. So many of us did stupid stuff like taking up cigarettes to look cooler if front of girls or took up street fighting like that would earn the right to the prize. Society provides all sorts of suggestions and all of them are sponsored by the devil.
I must repeat this , You are no different from any one of us. Good luck and God bless.

Dude , listen . I'm 48 and have been thru some terrible things in life. Most everyone has. BUT I have found there is ALWAYS somthing good around the corner. Don't let what is going on now drag you down. Think about things that make you feel happy whether those things are in your life right now or not. Be strong and have the courage to get thru what ever you are going thru. If you can't do it yourself get some help. Judging by this thread you have people that care about you right here.

First off Mike let me say you're one of us friend. We've grown to appriciate you for who you are, not what we can make out of you. I just noticed your birthday is one day after mine. Us Scorpios gotta hang to gather. Did i mention women like Scorpios. Glad to see ya with us this morning. We were all 15 at one time or other in our lives and we all thought life was bad. Maybe we didn't make a team that really didn't need us anyway. Did i mention the women, or should i say girls, that ran around with thier heads in the air and if it rained they would drown. Those aren't women and they sure aint ladies. I've seen alot of bad stuff in my life of 58 yrs, most of them i had no control over, but none have ever effected my life for the worse. There's a lot of great stuff headed your way but it all takes time for it to fullfill it's course. Who knows, you maybe an up and coming person that will drag America out of the doldrums that it is in. We need you. You maybe the next guy that developes the cure for the common cold, definatley a milestone. We need you. You maybe an up and coming producer of a great movie like "Forest Gump". Please do it. We need another like it. We just dont know today so lets you and i pull up our shoe straps and let the positive course of your
future lead us all into good things that we may never have realized without you. Come out and see me for a week or so if you get bored. We can drive my 440 Duster. So what if your 15. We have backroads here. PM me a phone # if ya want to bullsh*t. Did i tell ya i know this guy that can fix anything...even hearts and minds.
Small Block

Mike, you did the right thing to ask for help. We ALL need help at some time, it is part of being human. It is true that the powerful hormones our bodies produce when we are teenagers contribute to making our lives seem like hell.

A few days ago I thought of starting a thread 'where is Bayyum?' I wondered if you were grounded from using the computer. I really missed you here, you have a big heart and you always offer encouragement to others. I wish all the members here were as kind as you.

I joined so many of our members in praying for you last night and will continue to do so....I am confident you will get the help you need and work through your problems. Try to get on a regular sleep schedule, that will help.

Talk out the pain your feeling. We want to keep you around here!

Glad to hear you are getting some help Mike.Listen to what they are telling you and know that we here at FABO are praying for you and are here for you anytime you need us.God bless you Mike.

Glad to see your OK buddy. You'll get through all this and be just fine.

Good Job Bud, glad to see you made the right move reaching out. That says a lot about who you are..........OUTSTANDING!

Mike, remember that God never gives us more than we have the strtength to handle. You just have to reach within yourself and find that strength - it's in there, you just have to get it out. Feel free to PM me any time you like and I'll definitely help all I can. Good luck and God bless.

-
Back