my 1973 Dart Sport rebuild

-
What brand sound deadner did you use?

I bought it from a friend who I go to car shows with. It is almost like fat mat but a lot cheaper. He purchased it for a couple of his cars and decided not to put it in. I bought 3 50 sq. ft. rolls for $150.00. I have a 50 ft. roll left if you are interested in it. It seems to stick better than fat mat. I used it on my Duster and it works nice.

Wow this car has come a long ways! Looks great! Keep up the good work.

My Dad has been coaching me along on my build and helping me along the way as well, so it's neat seeing another father/son build!

I bought it from a friend who I go to car shows with. It is almost like fat mat but a lot cheaper. He purchased it for a couple of his cars and decided not to put it in. I bought 3 50 sq. ft. rolls for $150.00. I have a 50 ft. roll left if you are interested in it. It seems to stick better than fat mat. I used it on my Duster and it works nice.

Is the product called Scat Mat? Just curious, we get it from a local motorcycle/offroad dealer here for a lot cheaper than the others and seems to be great.
Car looks great, the sweat equity is certainly paying off here.......
Love the color.

It may be scat mat. not sure. It sticks like glue and cant tell the difference from the other. It made my Duster quiet.

Damn Bill, that's looking awesome. I sure wish I could get mine rolling along, it's a booger with no heat in the garage. I hope that will be a solved problem this summer. :-D

Bruce, I don't know where I would be without no heat in the garage. I guess...........out in the cold.

Today, Got a little more done on the engine bay. Installed the heater blower motor, heater water hoses, starter, starter shield, brace for the brake booster. We also hung the 2 doors, some work under the dash. Mounted the dash pad to the dash and hung the dash. Tomorrow should be another long day. I think I am going to have a problem with the exhaust system over around the z bar area. I think it will have to be redone. will know tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSC06354 (Copy).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 382
  • DSC06355 (Copy).jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 381
  • DSC06356 (Copy).jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 387
  • DSC06357 (Copy).jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 386
  • DSC06358 (Copy).jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 375
  • DSC06359 (Copy).jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 409
to mount the mirror. I changed the mirrors on both his and my cars. I didn't like the factory mirrors.

Attachments

• DSC04566 (Copy).jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 368
  • DSC02830 (Copy).jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 399
we got a lot done today. and of course I got the crap job of dealing with the engine bay wiring again. We pretty much got the engine bay almost done. Have to wire loom the wiring. I am waiting on some wire loom straps for the inner fenders. Brake booster in, washer bottle, relay, driver side exhaust went in also. I thought I was going to have a clearance problem but it could not have fit any better. Driver side exhaust manifold, the bulkhead connector wiring. The under the dash is almost done. Carpet went in today along with the 4 speed boot. The new door sills put on, steering wheel, seat belts. headliner and rear seat. Have to do some work on the fold down seat tomorrow. also got the rear tail light bezels and lights put in. The bezels fit perfect. Also got the door rubbers in and the rear quarter glass installed.I hope to have this puppy done in a week or so. A couple of months ahead of schedule.

Attachments

• DSC06376 (Copy).jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 343
  • DSC06374 (Copy).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 369
  • DSC06373 (Copy).jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 374
  • DSC06371 (Copy).jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 371
  • DSC06370 (Copy).jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 339
  • DSC06369 (Copy).jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 350
  • DSC06368 (Copy).jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 353
  • DSC06367 (Copy).jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 348
Looking good! Somehow I don't think it will be done by tomorrow though.

By the way, I have some, uh, lot's of snow i can send your way. :banghead:

did a little more today. Put the new battery tray in. Horns on. door mirrors on, messed with the back up lights. Filled the tranny. went and got some carpet for the back of the fold down rear seat. Finished the dash. Installed the instrument cluster, glove box, stereo. filled the engine up with fluids getting ready to start that. we put the rear bumper on. I think that looks nice. The new windshield will be here tomorrow and it will go in. More pics tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSC06378 (Copy).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 336
  • DSC06377 (Copy).jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 312
got to work on the Dart today. took some pics but not of all we done. The interior is pretty much done. Have to tie up a couple of wires in there. replaced the partition for the fold down seat to the trunk area. Got it done. Put the new trunk weatherstrip on and put the trunk lid on. Finished up the exhaust and put the new exhaust tips on with the new hangers. Put the mirrors on. Put on the front fenders and the header panel. Put the wire looms on in the engine bay. Only have a couple little things to tidy up in there and that is done. Wire brushed the inner fenders and painted that area black. Just about ready to do the under carriage . Tyler is taking the hood, grill, gas tank fill tube and a couple of little pieces into work Monday and paint them and that will go on. The front and rear wheels will also be painted car color this week. Tuesday, the windshield will go in and I think that should finish up this car. Here is a couple of pics today. will post the rest of the pics a little later.

Attachments

• DSC06383.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 295
  • DSC06401 (Copy).jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 294
  • DSC06400 (Copy).jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 300
  • DSC06399 (Copy).jpg
    46 KB · Views: 300
  • DSC06398 (Copy).jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 280
  • DSC06397 (Copy).jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 304
  • DSC06396 (Copy).jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 297
You guys are true artists! I might be lacking in originality, thanks to you I think I know what color my recently acquired 75 Dart Swinger is going to end up! Truly magnificent work, thanks for sharing all the details!

Very nice! looks like our Ontario rusted cars, Mine is a 73 dart sport /6 3 speed over drive that I've been trying to do for about 12 years. I'll have to post pictures soon

today I believe was the first time the car has seen the outside of the garage. I ran it up and down the driveway to make sure the clutch was working ok and it is doing fine. Even has a slight smell of burnt rubber down at the other end of the driveway. I pulled it out and cleaned on it a little and took some pics of some of the things I mentioned in the last post. fenders, inside, rims. I am not sure I am sold on these rims but it will have to do for him until he gets some more cash. It kinda reminds me of the moonshine runner era not too far from here. Today between 2 and 4 PM the windshield will be put in. May put the stripes down the side tonight or tomorrow. have a few wires to button up under the dash and Tyler should have the hood done so I can pick it up Friday. It is matte black. The rest of the front end and the new bumper should be on by Sat. night. And this thing should be DONE. Then it is on to project # 3. WooHoo.

Attachments

• DSC06409 (Copy).jpg
    36 KB · Views: 244
  • DSC06407 (Copy).jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 224
  • DSC06406 (Copy).jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 257
  • DSC06404 (Copy).jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC06413 (Copy).jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 233
  • DSC06412 (Copy).jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 259
  • DSC06411 (Copy).jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC06410 (Copy).jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 233
  • DSC06403 (Copy).jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 243
  • DSC06402 (Copy).jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 255
couple more. what do you guys think about the painted wheels. I may buy a different set for my Duster and let him have mine.

Attachments

• DSC06405 (Copy).jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 233
  • DSC06408 (Copy).jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 233
I like the Plan Jane look the car has with the body color steelies.
Have you though maybe painting them the same color the hood will be?
That would look badass with Chrome Lugs or cop car dog dish caps.

Great to see her comin along so quick and she is beautiful you and your son should be proud Bill

they used to be black when the car was in primer last year. He just thought it would give some contrast painted body color. It is growing on me. Much more since I put the caps on.

-
Back