who makes best coil over front suspension

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
look to have nice handling street car .low maintenance rear leaf spring with caltrack bars HDK web site did not work thanks

Then just go with a well thought out stock based system. No need to spend that kind of money for good street handling (or road course, for that matter), in my opinion...

Then just go with a well thought out stock based system. No need to spend that kind of money for good street handling (or road course, for that matter), in my opinion...

I will second that.... a good rebuilt front end is all you need for weekend street use. I can maybe see rms uppers. but i like the feel of an old mopar. but thats just my opinion.

You get what you pay for. Bill's front alterkation gets my vote. He is hands down the most friendly people to deal with.

Obviously you haven't dealt with Denny ...not taking anything away from Bill, I have dealt with him in the past with great results and am not in anyway bashing him or his product.... but I have heard of Denny loaning out one of his K frame so you can provide him with input and feedback so he can design exactly what you, the customer wants. Denny's K is also is several hundred dollars less while utilizing all top Quality parts, not to mention the design improvement benefits that were previously mentioned.

I LOVE my RMS stuff! I have been autocrossing and road tracking it for over a year now with no problem. I run my car car hard and that's why bill wanted me to test it. question is,when is somebody going to really put denny's stuff to the challenge? just sayin.

Good opportunity to address the differences in the HDK vs all others.

1) The HDK upper shock mount and chromoly support hoop allow a longer shock / spring combo which gives a smoother, less harsh ride. Installation 100% bolt in with three holes per side to drill and does NOT require removal of the factory bump stop.

2) ADJUSTABLE track width from appox 58" to 61" allows placement of a larger diameter front tire that can tuck in. This benefit allows for a multitude of wheel tire combinations and help achieve the stance you desire.

3) One K-frame serves most Mopar powerplants. Simply change out the HDK / Schumaker powder coated poly-spool mounts.....but who would ever decide to change to a different powerplant down the road?

4) Automotive tie rod end with zirk. The automotive tie rod end offers not only a serviceable piece but considerable more movement (travel) than even the purpose built mis-alignment heim ends. Of course, if you do not require much front end travel....these are not as important. But after all.....what is the suspension for?

5) Unmodified spindles....off the shelf goodies means readily available, greater selection and dare I say....less expensive.

6) Intergrated bump stop for suspension compression. I am not fond of using the shock as the bumpstop.

I hope this helps anyone interested,

Merry Christmas and as always...
Mopar to ya'
Denny

..if you have any ideas for improvement....my ears are open.

hdk web site? I found that too by googling hemi denny. Hdk has not announced
it's "under construction" web site yet and it is not operational. The company that
is building it put the address out there about a week ago: www.hemidenny.com
it clearly states "future home of hemi denny.com" at the bottom
i'm sure that when hdk announces it (they have not mentioned it or advertised it
anywhere yet), it will work just fine.

holy crap batman!!!!!:-d

yes...it is coming

I am the slow one....I have a Mopar friend building it for me. He has really helped me, but I need to get more info to him.

I spend so much time answering e-mails that I get sidetracked from doing my web-site homework.

question is,when is somebody going to really put denny's stuff to the challenge? just sayin.

I don't mean any offense to Denny or his product when i agree with this statement. I think we're just waiting on some of the PT cars, that are using his suspension, to be finished and be taken to a few events.

I don't mean any offense to Denny or his product when i agree with this statement. I think we're just waiting on some of the PT cars, that are using his suspension, to be finished and be taken to a few events.

no offense whatsoever....their timeline I cannot control. I sometimes call/ e-mail to follow up and see how things are going....questions, comments, problems, suggestions......only to find out they are busy working on other aspects of the build.

whats a PT car?

I would consider the HDK a hot rod piece.....less weight, more room, a modern, tighter feel to the steering and a bit more suspension choices for stance over factory.....and I try to keep the FINISHED package around $3K

nothing wrong with torsion bars....Dan and I did his 383 / 4-speed Duster this last spring with a Schumaker Kit and TTi headers. It is one SWEEEEET ride.

Merry Christmas (if I I may) Magnumdust,
Denny

no offense whatsoever....their timeline I cannot control. I sometimes call/ e-mail to follow up and see how things are going....questions, comments, problems, suggestions......only to find out they are busy working on other aspects of the build.

whats a PT car?

I would consider the HDK a hot rod piece.....less weight, more room, a modern, tighter feel to the steering and a bit more suspension choices for stance over factory.....and I try to keep the FINISHED package around $3K

nothing wrong with torsion bars....Dan and I did his 383 / 4-speed Duster this last spring with a Schumaker Kit and TTi headers. It is one SWEEEEET ride.

Merry Christmas (if I I may) Magnumdust,
Denny

PT car = protouring.

I don't mean to speak for everyone, but I think most of us who are looking at the various coilover kits are doing so for handling benefits and the ease of fitting a modern engine(usually a new hemi). And unfortunately the customers i'm aware of with pro touring cars are doing big extravagant builds, that take time.

Honestly my only gripe with torsion bars is fitting modern transmissions and the oem steering box that has zero road feel.(it also looks like it will get in the way when I want to turbo my car)

Merry Christmas, Denny. I celebrate it too, but just the secular version like most of the country/world. santa for the kids, seeing family for the adults.(and...fireworks??? because i'm hearing a neighbor setting something off. :-D)

I understand that the original intent of the HDK was to place a 426 (GEN II)
Hemi in a stock appearing A-Body with a flat hood, wipers, heater and A/C.

It allowed plenty of room for exhaust headers while reducing weight and
improving steering, handling and general street manners.

The next thing you know.....well.......

Just an fyi, the "Mr norm" suspension is the control freak suspension. I read somewhere that it is literally a direct copy of the RMS alterkation, but built in tube components.

Yup. A guy with a blue dart over at moparts was bragging about buying an alter-k and having his buddy copy it at the time. Sure wish I had saved the thread. It was years ago and I never really thought about saving it. Today I'd have it saved on my computer. Lol.

Hi ABJ...

ya' building any new Mopars?

....ooops, sorry, wasn't pay'n attention, I should stay on topic.

I'm using rms uppers with qa1 lowers and qa1 kmember. In the rear rms adjustable boxes. I would recomend thr rms system. Unmatched quality and customer support and its been tried and proven in every avenue of muscle car use.

Simply change out the HDK / Schumaker powder coated poly-spool mounts
.......but who would ever decide to change to a different powerplant down the road?
Ha! Only several HDK customers who are still flumoxing between different engine choices.

Good option!

I have heard of Denny loaning out one of his K frame so you can provide him with input and feedback so he can design exactly what you, the customer wants. Denny's K is also is several hundred dollars less while utilizing all top Quality parts, not to mention the design improvement benefits that were previously mentioned.

When talking to Denny about my build we decided on the super slammer K member. after getting it and installing it, Denny and I came to the conclusion that it would not work for what I was trying to do. So we designed up the LAsuperslammer (I live in Louisiana,hince that name). Denny then made it ,shipped it to my house and when I get it installed send the other K back. Took me about a month to put it in since my first child was born. Denny never once rushed me. He is a great guy to deal with.

that's funny. because in the last almost four years I have had the only mopar show up at every event I have been to on the east coast.

believe what u want but all in all geometry makes good handling cars and the HDK has that geometry, Narrower track width, plus a lot more ground clearance to boot. I been building cars for 15plus years and worked with may suspension product and Denny has the things I needed for my build.

that's funny. because in the last almost four years I have had the only mopar show up at every event I have been to on the east coast.

So far the completed builds that I have been lucky enough to be a part of have produced a modern upgrade, hopped-up drivetrains, and better handling hot rods....not at all what I would call road course track cars.

why are there not at least one other of any other kind of coil over suspension (anyones, RMS included) Mopar ....or Mopar with stock based suspension at your events? Maybe our intentions for our rides are not the same as yours. While your efforts on the track might be admirable.....it is obviously not everyones cup of tea.

my goal is to offer a complete front steer/ coilover package in the $3k range that provides the above (see above #30) mentioned benefits over what is currently offered.

I wish you luck in getting to the front.

that's funny. because in the last almost four years I have had the only mopar
show up at every event I have been to on the east coast.
And that means what? I don't know anybody running their Mopars in "events".

We have more than enough cars running Hotchkis or Stock Based setups at events. I've seen all of 3 RMS units at events (one of which came out of my shop), and none from other competitors. All of the Cars I see running the Good Guys Autocross peanuts are Hotchkis or Stock based and getting ready to go Hotchkis. When you see a 70 T/A Challenger on Torsion Bars and Leafs smoke a bunch of C-6 based, coil over cars... a well setup torsion bar systems seem a lot more relevant.

We have more than enough cars running Hotchkis or Stock Based setups at events. I've seen all of 3 RMS units at events (one of which came out of my shop), and none from other competitors. All of the Cars I see running the Good Guys Autocross peanuts are Hotchkis or Stock based and getting ready to go Hotchkis. When you see a 70 T/A Challenger on Torsion Bars and Leafs smoke a bunch of C-6 based, coil over cars... a well setup torsion bar systems seem a lot more relevant.

I ran my first GG event at charlotte this year,hopefully not my last. I will not take anything away from Hothckis parts,but I feel everything has it's limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back