Who's attending MATS 2011?

-
:thumleft: Thank you for the link HawaiiDuster. I should know better......we cruised with the group for a short time last year before turning around for home. I forgot that was Thursday!!

71dustar, We may be trailering the car part way too, so don't let that stop ya!

BA71, Are you driving or trailering the Dart and where do you guys stay. I called the Cannery, but it's sold out, so I booked the Aliante Station. Now that I need 3 nights instead of 2, I'm wavering on my choice......$$$

:thumleft: Thank you for the link HawaiiDuster. I should know better......we cruised with the group for a short time last year before turning around for home. I forgot that was Thursday!!

71dustar, We may be trailering the car part way too, so don't let that stop ya!

BA71, Are you driving or trailering the Dart and where do you guys stay. I called the Cannery, but it's sold out, so I booked the Aliante Station. Now that I need 3 nights instead of 2, I'm wavering on my choice......$$$

I'm trailering the dart out there. It would cost a small fortune to drive it there lol. Dad is setting up the hotel reservation so I don't know where we are staying exactly but it will be somewhere close to the cannery. The damn cannery sells out fast! I would like to stay there sometime. Maybe next year.

This place is fairly new and about a block away from the Cannery.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?i...as&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&cid=2736552233763455763

where are the events located and what hotels are close??

i was looking at one of these to as we always stay with these guys

+ Holiday Inn Express & Suites
4540 Donovan Way
North Las Vegas, NV 89081
Phone (702) 649-3000
Ask for the Mopar or MATS rate
Directions: Google Maps
holidayinn_logo.gif
+ Holiday Inn Express
4035 N. Nellis Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89115
Phone: 702-644-5700
Ask for the Mopar or MATS rate
Directions: Google Maps

Nice idea, but wrong side of rockies and US for me. Come to Chryslers at Carlise and Hang out with us Maryland Mopar guys we love to hang with other mopar lovers. I hope to go to Columbus for Mopar Nats this year also.....Vegas is fun but too far for me and 65 Barracuda S.

I have been to every MATS, and I can tell you it has evolved from humble beginnings. Do not know if I would qualify it as the best show west of the Rockies, but it is a great show. We are in the swap meet every year.

Hotel input, one of those Holiday Inn Express hotels is RIGHT next to some active train tracks. We stayed there one year and that was enough for us. We stay at the Nellis Suites, sort of little apartment style rooms. Not the closest to the Cannery, but a decent place to stay.

I would be willing to do a meet and greet, sounds good to me.

I'll be there again but I'm not sure if I'll bring the race car or not. I'd have to convert it to 1/4 mile use....nothing but 1/8 mile here locally. Add $400 or so to race it and it starts to add up. A FABO meeting time/place at the track would be good too.

We are going down to MATS, have plenty of A body parts, if you have requests, let me know, I can probably drag them down there.

Talked to a few Mopar people recently that have not even heard of this show.

I usually go to MATS and Spring/Fall Flings. I have bought parts from both events.
I like MATS because the cars just don't sit there and look pretty....they run on the strip like a Mopar was meant to do. Last year was the first year for the Pony Wars. They invited new Camaros and Mustangs to run against New Challengers in match racing. The Camaro guys said that they would be back this year with more cars. The Mustang guys said that they might be back. This was before the new Ford engine came out this year. Should be interesting.

I like the Spring/Fall Flings because it only takes me an hour to drive there instead of the four to get to Vegas. Lots of nice cars and parts.

I went last year and had an absolute blast. I was hoping to go again this year but I'd rather get my Duster painted so it's a no go for me this year....I'll drive down next year.

looks like i'm heading that way w/a buddy of mine......so post up where and when on the meet and greet and i'll be there.........sounds like a blast.
higgs

I've been kind of working on a FABO area to meet other members in a central location.

Anyone else interested in entering the "fun field"? My Demon is not a show car......LOL

Most of the members I have communicated with via PM are racing and it seems we can't have a FABO section there :eek:. Post here or send a PM if you have another suggestion for a meet and greet. I have never been to the MATS event, so I'm kinda shootin' in the dark :-k.

I've been kind of working on a FABO area to meet other members in a central location.

Anyone else interested in entering the "fun field"? My Demon is not a show car......LOL

Most of the members I have communicated with via PM are racing and it seems we can't have a FABO section there :eek:. Post here or send a PM if you have another suggestion for a meet and greet. I have never been to the MATS event, so I'm kinda shootin' in the dark :-k.

Well I will be there unless some thing of mine brakes. Could get together at my trailer one day? Just a thought.

that works for me........maybe hang a sign and let us know the time/day....
higgs

I will send C :batman: a PM and see what she thinks and set up a day/time. I can also make a FABO sign to hang on my trailer some where.

Will keep you all updated:geek:

Will be there with two buddies from the Tacoma, WA. area. We're hauling Bud #1's 10.18 Duster down for the race. This will be our 4th time attending in last 5 years. Would love to meet up for a cold one, or two , or.... and shoot the bull with the FABO guys and gals.

Just a reminder that members from Inland Mopars Car Club will be directing parking of all classes of the show field on Friday and Saturday. My wife and I usually park the A-body cars so be sure to say "Hi" and introduce yourself.
I'll keep watching this thread to see where and what time for the FABO meet-up.

I will send C :batman: a PM and see what she thinks and set up a day/time. I can also make a FABO sign to hang on my trailer some where.

Will keep you all updated:geek:

Excellent idea and PM returned. Looking forward to meeting all of you! Stay tuned for more info......

ROFL @ :batman:

-
Back