Who is on FMJ bodies from here

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
So I just created an account (same handle, Princess valiant) on FMJ bodies only because I'm Fixin to get serious into a 78 aspen wagon.

Seems like a nice place to chat and buy parts but also kinda lonely because I don't know anyone. So is anyone on fabo also over there?

I think I am but I'm not sure. I never post there, so I don't remember if I ever joined.

I sometimes visit there.
I used to have a Volare, but sold it last year. It had a sweet slanty. Oh heck, it'll be two years ago this coming fall ....... time flies.
I've had a bunch of those Fs; two of them were wagons. I'm looking for another, but they're getting too expensive for a retired guy......

I think I have an account but haven't been active for years.
Much more activity on FABO and FBBO.
I think I also have an FCBO account that's inactive.
...and maybe even a FTO account.

If I was gonna go racing, I'd be lookin for an F body wagon.

I've seen more than a few of those clean up at the strip.

Kind of an open secret.

...plus you could take the family to the grocery or home reno store and get lumber.

Last edited:
I'm on there. I used to have a Vokarie Road Runner years ago and thought I would poke around over there...ya just never know what might pop up for sale. I would love to have a Super Coupe.

There's a wagon in Vermont for 7k over on the "wish it was closer on Craigslist" topic. There's one here in MD on US1 just north of the Conowingo Dam. Not sure of the price, it's blue w woodgrain.

Go over to Facebook and look up the various sites catering to these models. There are several and a lot of good enthusiasts there!

I sold both my F bodies a couple years ago and traded off my good 77 Volare wagon I could not give away.

Latest off beat project is a 64 Comet!!!!!

I'm registered there, and only spectate. I don't have one of the cars from that genre of mopars. I did...

DSC_0956.JPG

I'm registered over there, but don't go very often. Kind of quiet. I have a 88 Diplomat that I bought new in 1988.
Same name over there as here.

I'm on FMJ but don't spend much time there. I did get a lot of help when parting out a 78 Volare, the folks there are as good as they are here.

I'm on there. I signed up to try to find an electronic trunk latch to use on my Dart. So far, I have been unsuccessful. My user name is the same over there

Go over to Facebook and look up the various sites catering to these models. There are several and a lot of good enthusiasts there!

I sold both my F bodies a couple years ago and traded off my good 77 Volare wagon I could not give away.

Latest off beat project is a 64 Comet!!!!!
Kinda weird because I have been offered the opportunity to buy 2, 2 door cars but I declined because I'd rather have the wagon. LOL

Aspen / Volare seem to have had a bad rep. Now though a 2 door with the bucket seats etc is a nice classic cruiser.

I was over there when I had my Fifth Avenue. It's a little more active than FTO.

Truth is Mother Mopar's quality control went really bad about that time. Not just fit but they changed their method of priming/painting.

I had a bud that drag raced a Volare wagon years ago with a 360. It was very competative and he loved the thing.

I had a 76 RR318 car I bought it about 4 years ago and fixed the rusted out floor pans and a few other spots did a nice single stage job on it. It ran/drove really nice when I bought it for $1000. Replaced the woreout front buckets with some not as woreout. The grill was really bad and I found a complete and solid 77 wagon with a perfet grill for $500 so I bought it and swapped the grills. Te grill wa worht $500. Only part of a Volare worth much. I later sold the RR to a guy in Fl for I think it was $4500 for a fun driver which it was..

Then I screwed up and traded the wagon to a guy in Ms. for a complete and running 64 Belveder MORE door. So all I had in the Bel was diesel going to half way there, we meet in the middle of La. It had new AMD floor pans, solid car and good running poly 318. I had to replace the windshield and back glass and that was what killed me. I added Smittybilt A100 style buckets, carpet, brakes, etc. by then I figure I will be lucky to get my $ back out of it. Took a year to sell it for a $1000 loss! I did enjoy driving it while I had it. It was the companion to the 64 Savoy. But I made good $ on the 64 Savoy I had just done and sold so I can't cry. That was the only Mopar I ever lost $ on.

Damned that glass and new gaskets and the extra DOORS!!!!!!

im over there, but not very often. I lurk often w/o signing in.

Truth is Mother Mopar's quality control went really bad about that time. Not just fit but they changed their method of priming/painting.

I had a bud that drag raced a Volare wagon years ago with a 360. It was very competative and he loved the thing.

I had a 76 RR318 car I bought it about 4 years ago and fixed the rusted out floor pans and a few other spots did a nice single stage job on it. It ran/drove really nice when I bought it for $1000. Replaced the woreout front buckets with some not as woreout. The grill was really bad and I found a complete and solid 77 wagon with a perfet grill for $500 so I bought it and swapped the grills. Te grill wa worht $500. Only part of a Volare worth much. I later sold the RR to a guy in Fl for I think it was $4500 for a fun driver which it was..

Then I screwed up and traded the wagon to a guy in Ms. for a complete and running 64 Belveder MORE door. So all I had in the Bel was diesel going to half way there, we meet in the middle of La. It had new AMD floor pans, solid car and good running poly 318. I had to replace the windshield and back glass and that was what killed me. I added Smittybilt A100 style buckets, carpet, brakes, etc. by then I figure I will be lucky to get my $ back out of it. Took a year to sell it for a $1000 loss! I did enjoy driving it while I had it. It was the companion to the 64 Savoy. But I made good $ on the 64 Savoy I had just done and sold so I can't cry. That was the only Mopar I ever lost $ on.

Damned that glass and new gaskets and the extra DOORS!!!!!!
It isnt affordable any more. I told the wife " I've collected parts for 15 years, I have everything to finish the Dart, its time to get it done..." I dont think I would take on a basket case car in 2023, its too expensive when you are starting out. A rolling chassis? Maybe I'd make a drag car out of it.

What site(s) were you on before FABO? Did you create a similar thread on those sites asking if there was any overlap?

To answer your question, no.
I always loved the FMJ cars though.
I had a few kicking around in my junk yard time to time.
In 1982 or so, I fell in love with a '78 black Aspen R/T with a 318 4 speed o/d with 20,000 miles but couldn't work out a deal with the lot that had the car.
They wanted 3 grand, and I was only willing to go 2,500 bucks (which is all that I had at the time) so I walked.
And the selling price was 2,600 bucks a couple of months later.
I saw the car in the local junk yard about a year later rolled and smashed hard.
The car was beautiful and original when I looked at it for the first time, and was used up when it went to the junk yard.
So, yes, I still do have a love for the F bodies remembering that car.
I simply haven't ran across one in very nice shape since that one.
And now, I have too many A-Bodies project cars and ones for parts to get into FMJ bodies at this stage in life...

Last edited:
I have always enjoyed learning new things and a different model has filled that need. That is how I got a few F bodies 4-5 years ago. But like all my old cars, they eventually found new homes. I recently picked up a 64 Comet project as I have always liked that model with the ram air hood which it will eventually get. So I now have a new learning curve to tackle! and new things to learn! Six weeks after dragging it home, all the body/paint is DONE, just like that.... and since I work for free, it did not cost me $10,000 and 3 years of my life!

Since this is a Mopar A body site I's sure not everyone wants to hear Ford or Merc. Truth is after 4-5 decades with just Mopar I have gotten tired of hard to find Mopar projects with realistic price tags, high priced repop parts, etc. If I live long enough I will more likely pick up another A body roller, (early A or Duster) as I have a couple of engine sitting around but it will NOT be priced like 68-70 B bodies!

Bud asked why at my "advanced" age I don't just pick upa nice driver mostly sorta done?? Because my wife has always seen me drag home $1000 crap with small trees growing thru the floor and turn them into pretty nice cars... or some will say I just put lipstick on a pig!!!! :poke:
:thumbsup: :steering:

My next project after my 65 Barracuda is an F body. Black with saddle interior, T tops and gold stripes. It has a 400 and an automatic in it, and I will leave it in.

Oops.....wrong F body, it's a 77 Smokey and The Bandit Trans Am!

:lol:

-
Back